Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    As HVAC guys we know all that is needed for an uncontrolled Explosion is a combination of Fuel, Oxygen and an Ignition source

By order of importance to the populace ........I believe that.
    Stepping on any of these would start the uncontrolled explosion

The 2nd-1st or 16th amendments will incite a complete uprising and as you put it the "right" thing to do.

There is already a revolt in progress as seen at the (Town Halls,Tea Party's) due to this administration attempting to trample the 16th, with Obama's egotistical Heath Reform proposals.........Fuel

He's also pushing the limits with the 1st.....with the appointment of an FCC Diversity Czar. to quell the rumble from conservative radio talk show .........Oxygen

If they attempt another Gun Ban...Ignition Source...

BOOM....

These are dangerous times........

Good thread Hugh
    These are dangerous times, but I find the liberals very weak. They must hide behind their government and their leaders all the while doing nothing but calling the hard working, tax paying, religious, gun owning, family respecting conservatives names and labeling them nazi's and mobsters.

The conservatives are the ones who have the upper edge, we have the tide....we see the numbers changing and the desperation in the presidents voice and tendencies. My fear is that what has is been, like 6-7 months now and already things are this bad........there are still 41 months left on this jokers time in office.....!!!

Well, let's continue with the good news. Obama is a very brilliant person, or at least whoever is behind him is brilliant. I have a hard time believing that he is doing this or has formulated all that he has proposed and done by himself in the few short months he has been in office. From reading what I have read in this bill I can only say that a group of people with a long time to formulate this monstrosity must exist somewhere that actually created this manual of deceit.

Even the legal terms and phrases are formed in such a way to make it look acceptable using double talk and, at the same time, leaving the door open so that the Feds can pretty do whatever they please.

Me thinks there is a rat in the woodpile. On the other hand it's quite possible that his ego is so big that his mind can think of these things in a very short time.

But two items bother me, which leads me to believe he's been prepared to do these things even before he knew he would be elected.

One, HR 3200 is over 1,000 pages and is full of so many traps and turns with all encompansing language both effecting the present and future that I do not see how he or anyone in the democratic party could have drawn that up within the past 6 months. It's just impossible. So who did? No one person who has been asked will state where that document came from.

Second, HR 3200 would be direct competition for the private health insurance industry. Why, then, are they supporting it. They fight tooth and nail for any over seeing of their industry in any way. They fight to keep medications at an unbelievable high cost. So why are they not fighting something that would take business away from them?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    If any rule or law comes along that puts my family in danger that is when i will step in and call it a day.

I just hope nothing happens for a long time
    As stated above, it's already too late. Ten Trillion and more dollars, let's add on the Clunkers cost, has been added to the back of your children and their children. It's real money that has to be paid back.

Also, Obama thinks and acts in an exponential way. Where as we, the general public who still wants to think in terms of business as usual, think in a linear way.

This means while we are and have been analyzing his program for ...fill in the blank.. he has already been working in the background on additional issues and programs to put in place before we even realize it.

In my opinion, his ability to do very serious damage to this country is unlimited unless we step in to let him and congress know that we are this country and not they.

Do you realize we were just one function, on second, one meeting away from having congress pass the Govt health care bill as it stood -- without any understanding of most in congress or debates or exposure to us about it? He and his decomratic party were attempting to push it through so congress could go on vacation.

He attempted to run right over us. And he will attempt this again. It's been his standard operating procedure since taking office.

He reminds me of a pack of wolves that are circling out in the darkness of the woods, which hides their movements (you know they are there, you can sense they are there, you can hear them from time to time, but you can't see what they are doing or exactly where they are), while waiting for the light of the camp fire to dim -- that's us not paying attention or asking questions or getting worn out by the double talk -- so he can pounce.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

I see a hard-to-define polaraziation in this nation. And it's been growing up, actually growing up, over the last 20 to 30 years. Obama's recent election is a result of this newly come-of-age polarazition.

It's a difficult polaraztion to see and/or define because it does not rely on surface issues such as regions, outward beliefs, race or religion or a different form of governing.

It is built rather on a life style and intellectual acceptance of laziness and a lack of discipline in the art of analytical thinking.
    I am going to combine these two quotes, because I disagree with parts of the above quote...

Then we have the entitlement oriented group that believes that some form of government is there to take care of us. In other words they want a guaranteed life at the cost of freedoms they take for granted and most likely don't or can't understand.

And that there is no cause and effect in life. So if they want something they have a right to it without concern as to who is going to pay or even if there is a cost at all.
    Obama was elected by the entitlement oriented group and ( I will say it) racism. I am sorry, it may not be polite or politically correct to say it, but it is the truth.

I had to opportunity to do some traveling during the "election time" and I saw it ACROSS the nation. Many people were saying that they were voting for him ONLY because of his race. Many others said that they were voting the race card (just) to make "history".

Then you had the entitlement oriented group voting for him because of his "race", he would help them more than other candidates. Don't kid yourself this election ended up being all about race and entitlement.

If this was not the case, Hillary would be your president today (Not my choice BTW).

The sad and sickening thing about this large voting group that I am speaking of is that they never looked at the man himself. IMHO most of this large voting group will go about they existence and not give a flip about government until the next election.

Now to get back to the original subject, it's the "other" voting group who is becoming increasingly displeased with our present government. They are the one's going to the TEA parties and town hall meetings. They still feel they have a voice in the government.

If some of these unpopular bills are rammed down our throats you will see a revolt in the next years elections. If the White house keeps pushing it's present agenda past that election it will "start" to get serious.

I truly believe this administration (with the bringing the census under the presidents control) will skew the census data to redraw district lines to their favor. IF all this comes true and the present administration is re-elected in four years, what you have seen with the Iranian election will be here on top of us.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Here is something Liberals DO NOT WANT anyone to know about.

It puts a vast amount of power in the hands of the citizens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

please explain why a liberal would not want this information brought to light?

Quote Originally Posted by general posts View Post
    please explain why a liberal would not want this information brought to light?
    The last paragraph of that article seems to be maybe what he was hinting at, the attempts to ban or remove the "jury nullification" as when it says in 1998 they decided there was no such thing as a "valid jury nullification". But, if those stats are true and it is only used 3% of the time and rarely the jury is even informed it is an option I dont see how that plays into it being something the liberals dont want you to know.......

I always observed politics as a pendulum. It swung left with the weakening of W. Bush, and a perfect storm swept obama into office who really is outside of the usual mainstream. More then not our presidents in both parties tend to be more moderate. He has been more of a hot knife through butter, and yet you can sense an ever so slight change of momentum. i think the pendulum is reaching the end of it's current arc.

IMO he went too far, too fast. He should have been more measured. By ramming things down our throats he may have gotten some of his agenda through, but he also has opened some eyes which had been closed for a long time. I still hear Bush being blamed for things - I hope they keep that going because it will get real old and galvanize more moderates.

We are a huge country. Racism did not elect him. A lot of people voted for him that can potentially be shifted. He only won by 3% or so. Were I a betting man, I see him loosing to a moderate Republican like Romney in three years. Especially if things blow up on him overseas.

Of course it is oK to break a law, especially an unpopular law.

try this for kicks. Get on your local interstate highway and never exceed the speed limit, better yet , travel at the minimum speed.

.Laws are meant to be broken, amended and repealed

I religiously adhere to the Rules Of Golf.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

As stated above, it's already too late. Ten Trillion and more dollars, let's add on the Clunkers cost, has been added to the back of your children and their children. It's real money that has to be paid back.

Also, Obama thinks and acts in an exponential way. Where as we, the general public who still wants to think in terms of business as usual, think in a linear way.

This means while we are and have been analyzing his program for ...fill in the blank.. he has already been working in the background on additional issues and programs to put in place before we even realize it.

In my opinion, his ability to do very serious damage to this country is unlimited unless we step in to let him and congress know that we are this country and not they.
    Do you realize we were just one function, on second, one meeting away from having congress pass the Govt health care bill as it stood -- without any understanding of most in congress or debates or exposure to us about it? He and his decomratic party were attempting to push it through so congress could go on vacation.

He attempted to run right over us. And he will attempt this again. It's been his standard operating procedure since taking office.

He reminds me of a pack of wolves that are circling out in the darkness of the woods, which hides their movements (you know they are there, you can sense they are there, you can hear them from time to time, but you can't see what they are doing or exactly where they are), while waiting for the light of the camp fire to dim -- that's us not paying attention or asking questions or getting worn out by the double talk -- so he can pounce.
    You had your chance in 2008, 2010 ain't that far off good luck making "your/the right" stuff stick.

Jesus expected man to follow mans law as well as Gods law. Mans law was not to be automatically violated. http://www.answers.com/topic/render-...that-are-god-s

Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post
    You had your chance in 2008, 2010 ain't that far off good luck making "your/the right" stuff stick.
    we're going to change your name to mikethe duckandrun not really a ductman.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast