Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Surviving w/o Credit Card

After having repeat problems with stolen credit card id, I had my limit reduced to $750. I was going to go on a trip and found out it was actually at $400. After dozens of phone calls, explaining that it was 'I' that asked for the limit, they reinstated me at $1000 and 29% interest The flight was too expensive by then. I told them what they could do with their card, cut it up and sent it back. Was going to order uniforms off the net, dawned on me I have no card. What do you do when you have no C card. BTW I never missed a payment, always paid off balance quickly. I didn't even have a C card till I was into my Thirties.

Use a Debit Card

I kicked the CC companies to the curb also, they are evil

Now if they would just stop calling lol

Yep, debit card. I have one for biz and personal. If I ain't got the cash I don't buy it....

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    Use a Debit Card

Send them a Registered Letter saying "If you call this number again you will experience my attempt to deafen you." Get an air horn from Academy and when they call,knock them out of their little cubicle.

Use a Debit Card

And every intellectually honest financial adviser will tell you the same. If you can't pay cash, don't buy.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

No credit card, ATM card, cell phone. . .

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    No credit card, ATM card, cell phone. . .
    Your not that guy that goes through the express checkout line and writes a check, are you?

I see a lot of people doing that, I want to smack em, Im usually passing them on the way out the door since I can pay in about 10 seconds with a debit card

Your not that guy that goes through the express checkout line and writes a check, are you?
    Nah, I'm in MD, not SC.
    All these seductive things give you convenience and speed, at a hidden cost.

Some of these guys hold up the line and then "apologize" for holding up the line.
    You're then supposed to say,
    "Today you can inconsiderately hold up many people for no good reason but puh-leeze do not add insult to injury by apologizing for it."

I run my business on CC's, I have over 400K worth of credit. I never miss a payment and we pay the balances every month. We get 3% to 5% cash back each month and by paying our accounts by CC we extend out another 30 days. That puts our ready cash drawing interest for up to 50 days more than paying up front.

We monitor or credit and match up every ticket, we have never had a problem and never had the numbers stolen. I do not know anyone that has ever had their identity or credit stolen.

Use a Debit Card

I would stay away from the debit cards for online purchases. You cannot do a chargeback on a debit card like you can a credit card.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

I haven't had a CC for over 10 years and don't miss it.. As one post said, "if you don't got the money, you don't need it."

That's the way I see it as well.

I had no issues with getting a hotel or tickets with my bank card.

I went for the first 10 years after getting married without a credit card. I then started taking my Wife and Kids snowskiing and I would have to shell out $250 x 5 in deposits on ski rentals. When I took the skis back they would tell me "We'll have to send you a refund check in a couple of weeks". We also ran into the same thing with Hotels and Rental cars.
    Now we just charge it on our free CC and pay it off each month. I have also accumulted enough points for a trip to Hawaii if I chose to use them.

Give it a try. Though the issue is very sensitive for banks and the like. Their whole system is very insecure by design, and they lobby hard not to get any laws passed similar to CC protection. Money does get stolen, and sometime it is not recovered, so it will have to come out of the pocket of the bank. This doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and could be catastrophic, like a serious illness. At that point the banks do the health insurance thing: they decide which is cheaper, to pay off the customer, or battle it out in courts. It's only business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast