Confused Amana AMH95 vs. Trane XC95 or XV95

First of all, I am new as a member but I have been reading your posts for years to compare notes and I just want to thank all of you for the wealth of knowledge you share. My current project is my Dad's house 600 miles away. We have finally convinced him to replace his circa 1959 coal furnace with a propane furnace. We have received several quotes and my Dad has settled on a contractor with a good price but most of all that he likes. I spoke to the contractor who seems very competent. His firm carries Amana and Trane, so he is saying we can chose from the above. Except I do need to clarify whether he is recommending the Trane XC of XV. Reliability is critical since my Dad's age is upper 80's. If you wouldn't mind, could I get your thoughts?
    Thank you!

The AMH is a timer controlled 2 stage with standard motor.

The XV95 would probably be the best bet since it has been out a long time, 2 stage that can be properly controlled with a 2 stage stat and variable speed blower. The XC95 would offer the most comfort but is pricey and new technology that has more to go wrong.

My 2 cents.

The contractor did not give a quote on the Amana AMV9?

No, the pamphlet only included the AMH95. We are looking for 95% eff. Is the AMV9 something I should ask about?

"The XV95 would probably be the best bet since it has been out a long time, 2 stage that can be properly controlled with a 2 stage stat and variable speed blower. The XC95 would offer the most comfort but is pricey and new technology that has more to go wrong."

Would the XV95 already be supplied with a variable speed blower?

The AMV9 has variable speed blower and can be controlled by 2 stage stat for best comfort. The XV95 is 2 stage variable speed too. It would be the direct competitor for the AMV9. These would be the ultimate in comfort.