Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I do not like the Klein cushioned nut drivers. I always get refrigerant oil or WD40 inside the rubber grip and it just spins instead of gripping.

We also used our red handled dykes many many years ago to cut off sheet metal screws and they held up great.
    Klein then came out with the SU2000 Blue Handles that supposedly had hardened blades for metal cutting for an extra cost. Lately, every time I cut hard metal with the SU2000s the blades are nicked.
    I guess this is progress.....
    I thought they had lifetime replacement warranty, have you tried taking them back?

I think sears is dropping the klein brand as well and started selling greenlee. I like prefer klein my self.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Their screwdrivers are trash, way to soft, then again if i didnt have gorilla hands it may be different.
    I have noticed this too. I seem to wear out the phillips screwdrivers.

Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    I thought they had lifetime replacement warranty, have you tried taking them back?
    I hate to admit it but I seldom take anything back. Usually I'll just give them to a friend who doesn't mind the nicks in a free tool.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4freak View Post
    The greenlee stuff looks exactly like most of the klein tools, even has the same packaging. Only difference I see is the name and where it's made.
    I noticed that as well at Sears and it bothered me. I shop by quality first, price second and place of manufacture third and compare the total product at the end. I understand stuff is cheaper to make in Taiwan and China and thats the way all our manufacturing is going. Realisticly there is some higher quality stuff coming from China now as well. What pisses me off is that the American made Klein screwdrivers were identical and priced the same as the foreign made Greenlee ones. If the offshore manufactured tools were cheaper to make why are they priced the same. I guess once you start paying a price companies won't lower it but will cut quality and cost to maximize profits.

I've carried the same set of Klein screwdrivers for 13 years. Well used and still in good condition. I'll pay extra for Klein any day.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Klein linesman pliers best tool ever made.I've always filled the majority of my tool pouch and bag with klein tools and a sears screwdriver for a chisel then scatter some harbor freight tools around for decoys

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I hate to admit it but I seldom take anything back. Usually I'll just give them to a friend who doesn't mind the nicks in a free tool.
    Aren't those the ones in the bucket you give your apprentice-
    I do.
    guy ain't gonna buy his own tools if he's wearing down yours.
    Nothing teaches like a fat knuckle or two...
    Look, just do your job, stay outta my way and we'll get along fine.

Teach your kids to respect themselves and others with your actions- these little baboons will imitate you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    I've carried the same set of Klein screwdrivers for 13 years. Well used and still in good condition. I'll pay extra for Klein any day.
    I think that my Klein tools from that long ago were of a better quality than today's.

Quote Originally Posted by warm beer View Post
    Klein linesman pliers best tool ever made.I've always filled the majority of my tool pouch and bag with klein tools and a sears screwdriver for a chisel then scatter some harbor freight tools around for decoys
    I just realized that I do the same thing,,, I leave a few crumby tools in the top drawer to my roll-around tool box at home. My Wife will scatter those around, never realizing my good tools are a few drawers down...shsss! don't tell her.

Good, never liked lowe's anyway.

Still have some Klein flat blades that are the beaters. The only damage my Kleins have is O.E. operator error. such as the lineman's that now have a "stripping notch"

I know prices are all going up, but it seems like the big boxes are moving steadily toward monopoly status with their pricing.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

I love my Klein lineman and nut drivers. I'm putting a tool belt together for my 4yr old grandson and bought him his first Klein lineman's. So far he has managed to dismantle 2 tonka trucks and pull the valve stem out of my truck tire!

They should drop Kobalt. Probably no chance of that, however.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12