Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: einstein

Thumbs up

....just got back from a 2 days seminar about einstein controller ...it was very interesting.

anyone of you, got bad or good experience with it?
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

bryan l Guest
    Yah they look nice, Work nice but nobody can afford them. Seen only two in use and one was in the building of the local CPC Rep shop, and the other was in a office building. Fact is for supermarket refrigeration its too expensive to put in and the Reflects can do the same job for less. And for building automation/Control CPC cant compete with JC or honeywell controls. Yah there nice, Just wont see many of them in the field. Hope you enjoyed your two day seminar. How many have you seen in the field to warrent the need to take a two day seminar?

E=MC sq........

My favorite.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

....I can fix an 80 nominal ton glycol system....but how the hell do I tie these shoes......LOL

I think CPC is no longer in business. We are no longer able to support the controllers we have running.

bryan l Guest
    http://www.cpcus.com/index.htm
    Really? They look like there still in business to me.

I take care of a dozen or so stores with Einstein. They're nice controllers.

I installed two of them when they first came out. They had real bad problems with that first generation shutting down for no reason at all. Drove me wild a few times...

Freezeking: Which controller can't you get support for? Are you possibly thinking of the older style BASIC controllers?

I worked with CPC for years and yes they are still in business. They still have a 60% market share. They have sold thousands of Einstein controllers in the US alone. You will, unfortunatly see them around for years to come. My personal opinion is they are a POS. Thats only because I have been in the controls business for fifteen years and I have worked with and for most major manufactures. You will only like the Einstein controller if you dont know how a good controller is suppose to work.....Take a look at their algorythm one day and compare it to others. you will see what I mean....

i service stores with einstien, not user friendly
    prefer microtherm - not a dealer my competition is-

just started new supermarket today

mkicrotherm caused allot of grief, was wired great by Hussmann -
    after rewiring boards all is good

what the best and most popular???

I dont have must experience with the Einstein. However most of the markets in this part of Texas have them. I have only heard bad about the wireless network models.
    Moisture seeps into the enclosure thru the sensor holes.
    Can be fixed though.

What is the control to learn about if someone wants to keep up?

There are no bad controllers, just people who don't know how to make them work. What's specced is what's used.

You a big encore fan, maybe?

You are right, there are on bad controllers, if you are going to compare it to the days of pressure switches or even Margeaux. There are defiantly some that operate better than others though.

As a history lesson, and where my point of view comes from. Margeaux was one of the original microprocessor controlled controllers. It was founded by the founders of CPC. Which carried with it some of the deficiencies of Margeaux and believe it or not, still does. Microthermo was founded by one of the original founders of CPC. An internal feud caused them to part ways. This is a very incestuous industry. Microthermo in my opinion is a step up from CPC but my real problem with Microthermo is they communicate via Lon works. I am not a fan of line voltage communication networks. They are only as good as the quality of the line voltage. So you are at the mercy of the electrical provider. Another big problem I have is their remote communication. I don’t believe it is a real good idea to have to have a PC on site to communicate remotely. There you are at the mercy of Microsoft. And they do it via PC anywhere (inherently slow). Eek!

What I think are the best controllers on the market today are probably, Novar (mainly Wal-Mart) and Comtrol (although little known and mainly found in military installations).

We still have a long way to go in the refrigeration controller market. There are currently no controllers on the market today (at least that I am aware of) that can operate in a stand-alone condition. What I mean is, the IO boards are not smart boards and are dependant on network communications to operate correctly. Besides that, the algorithm that runs the rack, or suction pressure, operates independently of other large variables in the system. What I mean by that is, the condensing conditions and case conditions (more importantly TXV status) are not taken into consideration by the PID loop, which determines how the rack responds to suction pressure changes. We all know what the position of the TXV and condensing conditions do to the capacity of a compressor. Because of the advances in technology, and the speed in which controllers can communicate and process information it is being worked on. But believe it or not, not by any of the main players in the game today. Because of the cost of energy today, you will see in the next year or two, a major change in the operation of controllers. And you will see it by some of the biggest supermarket retailers in our industry.....

BTW, this is just my opinion, and as all ways, should be taken with a grain of salt....

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast