Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zero turnmowers

71F is the high today. It's a nice 54F to start the morning.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    What about flatulance? I might get a fine from the EPA or the UN some other such lunar group.

Organic fertilizer..... We have major feedyards around here.... over a million head of cattle..... you get used to it....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

hubby likes the John Deere's . I'm a big fan of them. We don't have any zts around here but our lawns a bigger than most, 40 acres . I'd go for John Deere all the way. My 7 iron deck 60 hp mower (4720 diesel) can mow with the best except I like the a/c and I am allergic to bee stings that's why I have a cab
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

I drive an EX Mark Lazer Z 60" cut. Easy to change the oil and spark plugs. It holds 5 gals in each side tank and yes hills are a tad tricky It's got a roll bar and storage just in front of the seat. The tires came with some kind of sealant in case of a punture. Right now it has 150 hours on the clock and runs like new.

Well,my big bad exmark died last night. One of the blade spindles wiped out a bearing.Upon closer examination the other two are right behind it, $500.00 for parts only, I took the day off to work on it, but really not bad for it's first break down in 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Well,my big bad exmark died last night. One of the blade spindles wiped out a bearing.Upon closer examination the other two are right behind it, $500.00 for parts only, I took the day off to work on it, but really not bad for it's first break down in 8 years.
    If you would stop doing this they would last longer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9sTqPHn6uI
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    hubby likes the John Deere's . I'm a big fan of them. We don't have any zts around here but our lawns a bigger than most, 40 acres . I'd go for John Deere all the way. My 7 iron deck 60 hp mower (4720 diesel) can mow with the best except I like the a/c and I am allergic to bee stings that's why I have a cab
    My garage ain't big enough. Come to think of it, neither is my lawn. A single acre of mowed...the other 4 acres are woods...traverse for deer.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Bunton mower

My neighbor bought a used Bunton, they use them on golf courses, it's a commercial unit.
    I got tired of seeing it un-maintained, so I cleaned it up for him, changed the oil, greased it and repaired the bearings in a wheel. He probably didn't appreciate it, but made me feel better. I even made him a 2 wheel cart to ride on behind it, all he had to do was attach it, still hasn't done that.
    They go around 10-13 MPH in high gear. He bought it used for under a Grand.
    great mower.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13...eat=directlink

I suggest looking at Simplicity too. Great machines with full floating decks and the striping is just a bonus.

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/index.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    I suggest looking at Simplicity too. Great machines with full floating decks and the striping is just a bonus.

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/index.cfm
    Wonder who makes those, years ago scotts had a mower out that was as deer. I always look for a kohler engine and dont really worry about the rest to much, there are only so many manufacturers out there, but i would still go commercial.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Man! They are ALL expensive. Sure limits my choices.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Just curious...how many hours on the clock in 8 years?

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Wonder who makes those, years ago scotts had a mower out that was as deer. I always look for a kohler engine and dont really worry about the rest to much, there are only so many manufacturers out there, but i would still go commercial.
    They are a very old company that has made great tractors for years and many are still running today. Briggs & Stratton bought Simplicity a few years ago but they have not changed much of the manufacturing that I can see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast