Solder gun a cap tube

In desperation on a busy Friday evening, I tried heating a clogged cap tube with a solder gun. Large reach in refer, 134A, schraders on both hi and low, real filter/drier in lieu of a spun clog catcher and dye in the system, so it appeared it had been a problem child. Figured it was going to be a tube change and flush so why not play with it. With the unit unplugged, head at about 350 psig, less than a minute of heating where the cap tube entered the evap leg and the hp dropped. After a few seconds pressure had equalized. Melted a lot of ice on the compressor (it had been cycling on the snap disc). After cooling, plugged it in and damned if it didn't run and cool. This was almost a year ago and now I can't convince the owner it's unreliable and needs a proper repair. Anybody else ever use a fix that shouldn't have worked, but did?

Some how moisture had collected at the end of the cap tube and blocked refrigerant flow.
    I have seen it on residential refrigeration. Don't know how the moisture got there.
    Proper repair is to replace the filter dryer and charge with NEW refrigerant.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Thought about moisture, or maybe a small piece of something. Figured the caps are slightly smaller where the braze had shrunk when solidifying. Anyway it sure feels like a real "hack" that I can't trust and wish I could fix properly. At least I have made my concerns clear to the owner.

Oh yeah, wax would be another. In any case I'd at least like to flush that dye out and change that drier. Quick job but I'm not so charitable I'd do it for free. This was the first thing I did for this owner (nice Chinese guy), now after a few other lucky fixes, he thinks anything can be fixed in one visit. Couldn't believe I wouldn't fix a damn light dimmer!! But sure as hell, I had a new one left over from some project so I put it in for a few bucks. Cheap 600 watt units, running about 500 watts of bar spots.