Need some help on Nevada or DOL laws....

Hey guy and Gals... I'm having a problem with the company I work at in Las Vegas, NV. See I was told I'm going to start at $25 ticket time. Since I'm new to this field I'm still learning.

Like I said I was told that I'l make $25 a ticket hour, came to be not true. Since they started me as a apprentice (riding with a service tech) I only make $15 an hour. But get this I only get half the hours for the ticket. So lets say my service tech and I bill for 4 hours I only get "2" of those hours.

Not only is my company doing that but if we bill for Recovery, Charge and lets says reversing valve replacement the company will tell us that we cannot charge for the R22 charge but keep the bill the same and not pay us the correct time. I know thats against the law, but I'm not sure on the part above.

Can they by Nevada Law or DOL Law only pay me for half the hours that I put on my ticket? I could really use some help on this beforeI go to the LAbor Board. Any owners or service managers out there can help?

Make a phone call and ask the labor board. Thats who I would ask. No details just a question.

They may also be inviolation of federal labor laws.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

yeah i have an email into nv labor board and i'm going to call the federal monday. thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by LanceHVACDude View Post
    Not only is my company doing that but if we bill for Recovery, Charge and lets says reversing valve replacement the company will tell us that we cannot charge for the R22 charge but keep the bill the same and not pay us the correct time. I know thats against the law, but I'm not sure on the part above.
    Can you please clarify the above statement?

For example if I were to go on a call to replace the reversing valve in a unit I would begin my time when I arrive on site. Lets say it takes me 3.5 hours to recover the refrigerant, replace the reversing valve, leak check, evacuate, and re charge and check the system. I would be paid 3.5 hours. We also charge 1 hour flat rate travel time within the city.
    I would not invoice the client for the refrigerant since it was his refrigerant that I'm putting back into the system.

I don't think I could work for a company like this.

Frown

That would be all good.. however, once I billed for replacing a compressor, flush the line with R11, recovery and 6 lbs of R22, due to a burn out. My manager stated that R22 was included as well as the recovery.

We had the invoice signed by the management group and three days later I was told that R22, flush and the recovery was included in the compressor price. Which was around .

I told him that 3 lbs of R22 is $ and I billed for $, Recovery is $ and R11 flush is $.. Get this the compressor cost was around $ .

When I told him and even drew that out on a piece of paper he told me that I was NOT being paid for the hours (fill R22 1 hr, Flush 1 hr, recovery 2 hr), but that he was still collecting the money for the amount I wrote on the ticket.

This is the best part... even though he billed the apartment complex for the amount I wrote on the ticket and got $ in his pocket he told me never to do that again. lol

What a peice of work....
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-30-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Removed prices

This is the general discussion forum. Prices are not allowed in post.

I removed them.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?