Confused How to get HVAC & A/C certifitions in NC

I have been working with heating and air for 10 years now in Pa I have all of my certifitions for pa. I need them for NC . Anyone know how I go about getting them? I was given one web site but that was for contracters not technicians.

Quote Originally Posted by dgoudy View Post
    I have been working with heating and air for 10 years now in Pa I have all of my certifitions for pa. I need them for NC . Anyone know how I go about getting them? I was given one web site but that was for contracters not technicians.
    As a technician you dont need any..... other than your EPA.... if you NATE or NBI or any other... they would look good to your employer.... but unless you want to be a contractor... you dont need anything!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

well, other than having to have a journeyman card to do install in my county ( and that's only my county and one other county in the state), you don't need to have any certifications other than that.

NATE is becoming something that most respectable companies are looking for, but most will help you to get them if they want you to have it.

other than that, is license to be a mechanical contractor
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    well, other than having to have a journeyman card to do install in my county ( and that's only my county and one other county in the state), you don't need to have any certifications other than that.

NATE is becoming something that most respectable companies are looking for, but most will help you to get them if they want you to have it.

other than that, is license to be a mechanical contractor
    Didnt I say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    Didnt I say that?
    lol i didn't read your post, and you didn't say anything about journey man card though
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Thumbs up

lol i didn't read your post, and you didn't say anything about journey man card though
    Sailsbury is the County i am looking in. Thanks for your responce.

Salisbury is the town

Rowan is the county
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

NC requires no license to do service work. If you want to replace everything but the unit or air handler you're fine as long as you have a business license and are insured/bonded. That doesn't mean however it's not a good idea to get your license as retrofits and new installs are, where I'm told, the money is at.

Thats because your one out of 100 counties! So... as being the 1 percent.... you really..... well...... dont count!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    NC requires no license to do service work. If you want to replace everything but the unit or air handler you're fine as long as you have a business license and are insured/bonded. That doesn't mean however it's not a good idea to get your license as retrofits and new installs are, where I'm told, the money is at.
    Thats the way I hear it too! (both)