TXV bulb

Thread: TXV bulb

TXV bulb

My installer finished my HVAC yesterday. I had a new furnace, coil and A/C unit installed. My question is he didn't seem sure of himself bwhen it came to the Txv valve. He placed the bulb on the suction line going vertically b/c there really wasn't any place horizontally. I looked at the instructions and the picture show horizontally. Does it matter? Do I have him come back and run a longer straight pipe out before elbowing up to get it on.

This is WRONG!

yes this is wrong! While it is great when you can get it on a horizontal line,it can be put vertically. The biggest problem is he didn't put it in direct contact with the copper line and insulate the bulb and line together. That sensing bulb is sensing more air temp than line temp.

That picture isn't from my setup. He did put it on the copper pipe and also put insulation around it. It looks like it should in the pictures. My only concern is does it matter if it horizontal or vertical.

Vertical is ok when you don't have a long enough horizontal.

No need to have it redone.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Unless I am seeing something that is not there the bulb is strapped over the Armiflex insulation so it can't really sense the line temp and since the bulb is out in the open air it is going to sense ambient air instead of line temp which is going to throw the superheat way off.

I didn't post that picture, Tiger93 did

As long as the smaller tube does NOT come out of the bottom it will work on the vertical line. Not the best but acceptable if it is insulated correctly as it sounds it is.

The one in Tiggers pic is as he said " Wrong", in almost every respect.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!