Maintenance Contracts

Should an HVAC contractor employ more than one type of maintenance contract?

ok i'll play.....stonefly for $1,000.00 "what is someone that just inherited an hvac company? "
    i was born under a wandrin star.

Here are three levels:

full coverage contracts,

partial coverage contracts,

and T & M/ inspection only contracts.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Turtle to get past the ego of some of the professional members on this site here are some things to think about.

There are two basic types of maintenance contracts that are sold in this industry. I am the service manager for a hvac company that has been in business in the kansas city area since 1943. We are very well established and it may be a coincidence but we have been reviewing our maintenance contract philosophy recently. We currently offer two types of maintenance contracts which are preventative preseason contracts. One is a silver plan and the other one a gold plan. The silver is based off of systems that are 6-8 years old and newer. The gold is for systems older than that. There are companies that do sell so called maintenance packages that also cover breakdowns. The question you have to ask yourself in this area is do you want to play the insurance game.

turtle. if you are serious get your post count up and apply for pro membership. I am not saying just post "stuff "like this.I am saying really get your count up by showing that you have some knowledge of the HVAC/R field. Otherwise peple are going to think you are worthless and just wasting our time

Quote Originally Posted by pilotlight View Post
    turtle. if you are serious get your post count up and apply for pro membership. I am not saying just post "stuff "like this.I am saying really get your count up by showing that you have some knowledge of the HVAC/R field. Otherwise peple are going to think you are worthless and just wasting our time

Personally I do not feel I need to send copies of all of my liscenses and certificate to be justified to carry on a conversation on this site. And I laugh about the wasting time comment. For me that kind of goes with the egos on this site and in this industry. If turtles post is wasting everyone elses time than why respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by yourairman View Post
    Personally I do not feel I need to send copies of all of my liscenses and certificate to be justified to carry on a conversation on this site. And I laugh about the wasting time comment. For me that kind of goes with the egos on this site and in this industry. If turtles post is wasting everyone elses time than why respond to it.
    Sorry to hear that you feel that way. This is a great site and loaded with ton's of great info.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    Sorry to hear that you feel that way. This is a great site and loaded with ton's of great info.
    I agree totally . I submited KENTUCKY MASTER CONTRACTOR CERT/ UNIVERSAL E.P.A. etc, yesterday, I am chomping at the bit to get in there after some BUISNESS & MARKETING tips, and all the TECHNICAL ADVICE I can get!!! Just started company and I feel this is the best resource for info I have ever seen. And yes some may have egos, but becoming a pro is not about carrying on conversations and chat time it is about utilizing all the valuable resources in here. I was not in any way trying to disrespect you YOURAIRMAN just stating the FACTS!!!!

As a site Guru, I shall choose not to respond.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by stonefly View Post
    ok i'll play.....stonefly for $1,000.00 "what is someone that just inherited an hvac company? "
    My response is based off of this reply. There is nothing wrong with the question that was initially asked in this post. Nobody here knows the experience level of turtle or if and how long he has been in the industry yet there is always some wisecrack comment that is completely acceptable. I agree there are some very talented people on this site but that doesn't excuse the level of egos that fly around here also.

Personally I do not feel I need to send copies of all of my liscenses and certificate to be justified to carry on a conversation on this site.

Don't believe it requires a copy of all of your certs and licenses.

To apply for pro membership.

But, this is a topic that is better for discussion in the pro forums.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?