Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

instantaneous hot water heater

cant decide have to upgrade hot water ,small 15 gallon electric .anybody installed these on demand systems ,I will be installing it in my own home.anybody own one.do you like it.

If you're not converting to gas, don't bother.

The average electric storage tank is already 90-100% efficient; any savings will be offset by higher install/repair costs.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

The power requirements are alot more than water heaters. The whole house models usually require 2 - 40 amp breakers. You may want to have an electrician determine if you have the capacity for it before you buy it.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I have gas already .looking at the bosch 2700. have well water water quality good. one of the wholsalers carries Rinnia. Looking for pro and cons, service and parts availability. 2 teens who need showers every 3 mins, 2 full baths, washer, dishwasher and sinks running all the time. Need more hot water and the tank just isn't doing it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dracorp2 View Post
    The whole house models usually require 2 - 40 amp breakers.
    20-40 amps for whole house instant water? that's not enough even for a single shower!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
    20-40 amps for whole house instant water? that's not enough even for a single shower!
    I am not sure if you misread or not but the electric models need at least 2 as in 2 individual 40 amp breakers. Larger Bosch models require 3 individual 40 amp breakers. See link for specs. http://www.heater-store.com/images_templ/bosch-water-heaters-ae115-specs.pdf
    I think thats why most people stick with the gas models.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

With the electric model, I would like to see how fast the dial spins on your electric meter when you turn on the HW faucet.
    WOW.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

instantaneos hot water heater

i am getting rid of electric hot water heater and putting gas in .does anybody know if one brand is any better then the other on and how is customer support.

I am very perturbed by Bosch's tech support. They wouldn't answer the phone, never returned calls. When I stayed on hold for 2 hours and got through, they gave me bad information, then wouldn't take back the wrong parts they sent.
    Jason

hot water heater...

why would you need to heat hot water
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by emtim View Post
    i am getting rid of electric hot water heater and putting gas in .does anybody know if one brand is any better then the other on and how is customer support.
    I have a quietside in my house and love it. Pros are lower gas usage and for me being able to gain lots of extra space for my laundry room by removing the tank. Cons you need to ensure your gas line feeding your house is large enough to accomodate the extra btu's as it will be a fair amount more. Mine wasn't. Also installation can be a real bi@@@ch at least is was for me running the pvc lines as they were 4 inch. However some other models can use a stainless liner in your flue I believe. Oh yeah expensive as heck to do but I am happy with mine and would pay someone to do it next time j/k

Realize that an instant water heater raises the water temp about 40 degrees, if your incoming water temp is in the 40-50 degree range ( a 80-90 dregree shower is not what most folks want) you will need a small 20 gal. electric to pre heat it up. Especially if you are north of the Mason-Dixon line. Ranni has a good info on this issue. And they seem to want to make sure the installer gets it right. Hope this helps.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

In these parts, people swear by Rinnai. Others just don't cut it. I wouldn't have an electric "on demand". And since you have gas already, you can probably profit by installing a gas one.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast