Thread: Customers

Customers

Google customers; You will find; “Customers Suck!”, “Customers Rock!” and everything in-between.
    Customers are our reason for being in business, whether they buy, or use our services or not, when we encounter them, they still classify as our customer.
    A customer who does not even buy, or use our services, can be our best advocate, our worst critic, depending on their feeling, or experience with us.
    I love my service business, can’t imagine a working life of not meeting new people, and doing business first-hand with them. It has not always been a pleasant experience, not at all.
    The times when it has been pleasant, and rewarding, far outweighs the bad.
    Recently I had a call where there were a few problems, only one was A/C related. I swiftly diagnosed the reason for my service call, and was happy to fix a problem that was not on the call list, for my new customer.
    This lady was overwhelmed with what bad things life had dished out to her, in the recent month’s. Far too many unpleasant things for one person to bear. She broke down and told me she couldn’t deal with life anymore and thought of just ending it all. It was the first time I had a lady break down and hug me, sobbing, her feeling of helplessness tugging at my heart. My mind was racing, I wanted to say the right thing, something to help her. She was apologizing, saying that she never breaks down like this. I told her it was good for her to let it out, and good to talk about it.
    I could think about little else driving away, I wanted to turn back and sit with her, but my calls were stacking up. I called my sweet Sue and asked her to arrange a delivery of flowers to her. Sue never wavers in her support and trust in me, she knows I will sit with her and talk about my day when I‘m ready.
    Remember that our customers are not just business, they have feelings, emotions, tough times. They may not always be right, like the saying, but they should be respected and treated well.

i always try to leave my customers with a smile on there face(commercial work)...even after i tell them there 30ton RTU is has lived a good life but at 35 yrs old there is nothing more we can do for it. I have dome that will have me sit down in the office with them and just talk about stuff. Its odd how some people will just open up about personal things.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC LLC View Post
    Google customers; You will find; “Customers Suck!”, “Customers Rock!” and everything in-between.
    Customers are our reason for being in business, whether they buy, or use our services or not, when we encounter them, they still classify as our customer.
    A customer who does not even buy, or use our services, can be our best advocate, our worst critic, depending on their feeling, or experience with us.
    I love my service business, can’t imagine a working life of not meeting new people, and doing business first-hand with them. It has not always been a pleasant experience, not at all.
    The times when it has been pleasant, and rewarding, far outweighs the bad.
    Recently I had a call where there were a few problems, only one was A/C related. I swiftly diagnosed the reason for my service call, and was happy to fix a problem that was not on the call list, for my new customer.
    This lady was overwhelmed with what bad things life had dished out to her, in the recent month’s. Far too many unpleasant things for one person to bear. She broke down and told me she couldn’t deal with life anymore and thought of just ending it all. It was the first time I had a lady break down and hug me, sobbing, her feeling of helplessness tugging at my heart. My mind was racing, I wanted to say the right thing, something to help her. She was apologizing, saying that she never breaks down like this. I told her it was good for her to let it out, and good to talk about it.
    I could think about little else driving away, I wanted to turn back and sit with her, but my calls were stacking up. I called my sweet Sue and asked her to arrange a delivery of flowers to her. Sue never wavers in her support and trust in me, she knows I will sit with her and talk about my day when I‘m ready.
    Remember that our customers are not just business, they have feelings, emotions, tough times. They may not always be right, like the saying, but they should be respected and treated well.
    Hey man, that was a great thing you did for that lady ,just listening and being there for her. The kindness of strangers goes along way!!! Seems like you can bear your soul. YOU NEVER KNOW. Karma

This is the kind of customer service mentality that i wish all of my technicians had! Well Done.

Quote Originally Posted by rboucher View Post
    This is the kind of customer service mentality that i wish all of my technicians had! Well Done.
    Thank you all, it is easier for me to take time, and do things as a small business owner, than a service man who is under pressure and working for a company can do. I think many of you guys would have shown the same compassion for the lady, knowing the hardships she has endured.
    We are all in the same boat here, it's good this Forum is around for us.