+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suction paper filter drier cores

Post Likes

Suction paper filter drier cores

I recentley replaced a large 35HP compressor and also replaced the suciton drier cores. I gave my local dist the # on the can for both the suction and liquid cores- said the same for both. When i replaced the suction cores I found them to be pleated paper elements rather then the desicants like a liquid drier, thought to myself well thats what i was told, so i put the desicant liquid drier cores in the suction canister, is that ok and can I mess something up in doing so? I later was told that the pleateds should go in there from the same dist- go figure. Also was wondering if i need to change the suction core when changing the liquid line cores. Should they (suction) be changed also even if theres no obvious sign of restricion (psi/temp drop ect. )there. My gut says yes but $ a real issue for the customer (Like its not always but ya know).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    I recentley replaced a large 35HP compressor and also replaced the suciton drier cores. I gave my local dist the # on the can for both the suction and liquid cores- said the same for both. When i replaced the suction cores I found them to be pleated paper elements rather then the desicants like a liquid drier, thought to myself well thats what i was told, so i put the desicant liquid drier cores in the suction canister, is that ok and can I mess something up in doing so?
    If it's a Sporlan RC-4864 core, it is the standard core suitable for both liquid and suction line applications.

Jabs

Post Likes
    Suction line cores will break down over time and get into the system. The longest I will leave tem in for is around 30 days to clean up the system, then they are removed and pleated filters are put in.
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Suction line cores will break down over time and get into the system. The longest I will leave tem in for is around 30 days to clean up the system, then they are removed and pleated filters are put in.
    Just leave them out after 30 day's.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    I've seen those pleated filters come apart and get into the system. I have found fibers from it in the TXV screen before. I leave em out.

Post Likes

sporlan

sporlan says the [suction]dessicants are for clean up only and not the same as the typical rc-4864 and should be used for a short time and to put a felt in for long term i takem out as personal prefrence

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cletus31 View Post
    sporlan says the [suction]dessicants are for clean up only and not the same as the typical rc-4864 and should be used for a short time and to put a felt in for long term i takem out as personal prefrence
    What is a felt? So there is a difference between a "suction core" and the pleated filter cores?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    What is a felt? So there is a difference between a "suction core" and the pleated filter cores?
    A filter-drier core is the same for liquid or suction.

http://sporlan.jandrewschoen.com/40-10.htm

Felt elements should be used in the suction line if you are not cleaning up the system.

http://sporlan.jandrewschoen.com/80-10.htm
    If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in