Ice cream truck condenser replacement

Hi guys, I need help with a little problem that is outside my expertise.

I got a phone call and apparently an ice cream truck owner has an issue with a condenser on one of their trucks and it needs to be replaced.

They are working with a tech (not me), but apparently the model number on the unit has been worn off, removed, or is in general unreadable

Do you folks have an idea what steps can be taken next to find the replacement part. Are these units listed by the truck manufacturer, or the builder of the cube?

Any help would be apperciated.

I am a full time HVAC instructor for post secondary students. Our primary focus is on residential and commercial comfort cooling systems, and small refrigeration units. We do not do MVAC or MVAC like systems.
    My background is commercial/industrial HVAC.

Credentials:
    BS degree from the Univ. of Cincinnati
    Registered NATE proctor
    Registered US EPA Section 608 Proctor
    NATE certified in everything but light and commercial refrigeration.
    EPA Universal Certified
    ICE Certified in all areas.
    OSHA 500 train the trainer qualification 10/30 hour
    Ohio Department of Education License.

What "replacement part" are you having a hard time locating? Is the ice cream truck just a beat up 20 year old Econoline or Dodge van with a chest freezer in it, or is it something more sophisticated?

Could you take the number off of the compressor and then contact a supply house for a cross.

is it a cold plate, meaning the evap coil is the whole back of the truck, or is their a single unit evap mounted on the top of the back wall of truck box. carrier transicold, or thermo king may have some info for you