Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thanx i am diggin in ..

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdlaw View Post
    Greetings all , i recently participated in a small retrofit on a kysor warren rack . This is a glycol system and i was there to replace old style sporlan electronic valves used for the subcoolers and chillers per sporlan to a new style valve .. One of the issues that came up was satisfying the envirogaurd #s to assure proper refrigerant levels.This system uses a micro therm controller ... According to ksyor rep i was working with 2 things were being looked at reciever % and enviroguard #s , they want enviroguard @ 10 and depending on ambient reciever level ie;80-30 deg 35% . It should be noted that prior to this revelation all cases at temp no flashing at site glass etc ... i was instructed to add a couple hundred lbs each rack to meet above #s ... yes i leak check store none found ... that being said Ksyor couldn't give me a direct answer on how enviroguard works or point me to some definitive literature.... any insight would be greatly appreciated i would really like to understand system... thanx in advance .
    I think i know the system you are talking about, sounds like a system that i am familiar with, its probably a store that you need a membership card to shop at! you will be hard pressed to find literature on the set up of that rack. \

if it is the one i am thinking of which i am pretty sure it is because you gave away a couple key words haha it has a different take on the original enviroguard, the ccontrol startegy is different, it uses a dump solenoid, drain solenoid and a pressurization solenoid for the reciever. the reciever is maintained at 10psi under cond outlet pressure to controll the speed of the enviroguard dump.

its main goal is to maintain 10\f subcooling minimum at all times, also if this is the place that i think of you can getthe numbers of the settings from the customers refrig department or from micro therm,

what controllers did you swap out to run on the sporlann eevs\? sporlan or MTT?

mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

on the controllers its a new style eev using kelvinator controller ... i will try to sneak a call to micro therm on specifics ... i was told its 60.00 smacks everytime we call them ..

i tried to send you a private message, but you are not registered

Only Professional Members can send and receive private messages.

3rdlaw could put an e-mail address in his profile.

on the controllers its a new style eev using kelvinator controller ... i will try to sneak a call to micro therm on specifics ... i was told its 60.00 smacks everytime we call them ..
    Ok kool I know the control you put in, it's nice the mtt one is nicer imo

Second thought maybe the customers internal department for refrig settings could tell you. At the end of the day if you can keep the sub cooling at minimum 10 f all the time and no sr value alarms you could be good.

... i was told its 60.00 smacks everytime we call them ..
    yeah isn't that great?

what a scam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123