Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That's the part that I dont get is that if i didnt give a notice then I am in the wrong. I do it the right way and they make it like I was in the wrong for giving a notice.

You did the right thing. Change always causes stress, and nobody likes to be treated badly. It seems like they answered several of your questions. Shake off the emotions and get ready for the next chapter in your life. Moving to a place where your skills and talents are appreciated is a good thing. Best of luck!!

By the way, a lot of employers cut the two week period short. Some are paranoid; some are vindictive; some feel that if a situation was contentious, an employee might use the two weeks to steal, etc. Again, best of luck. Keep on learning.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacguy55 View Post
    You did the right thing. Change always causes stress, and nobody likes to be treated badly. It seems like they answered several of your questions. Shake off the emotions and get ready for the next chapter in your life. Moving to a place where your skills and talents are appreciated is a good thing. Best of luck!!

By the way, a lot of employers cut the two week period short. Some are paranoid; some are vindictive; some feel that if a situation was contentious, an employee might use the two weeks to steal, etc. Again, best of luck. Keep on learning.
    Thanks. I think that I needed that vote of confidence. I knew that I didn't do anything wrong and did it the right way. I just figured that I give them that respect that I would get the same in return but or well. The climb continues.......

Once you have one foot out the door you always follow through... Never turn around because something caused you to put that one foot out, don't forget what that something was.....

Good luck at your new job and congrats.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Once you have one foot out the door you always follow through... Never turn around because something caused you to put that one foot out, don't forget what that something was.....

Good luck at your new job and congrats.
    Thanks for the kind words

Pretty standard to waive the two weeks at our shop if you quit write you a check and your on your way. Unless its for a non work related reason ie we had a guy quit because his wife moved across the country with his kids so he quit to move and be close to them. he was able to work out his notice.

Keep getting up. My philosophy is "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things". I try not to let things worry me. There is always something different around the corner. It's up to you to make it a better thing. Study as much as you can.

I've forgotten a lot about what I learned in school. I got away from service right out of school. I am now getting back into it. A lot has come back, alot I needed to lose. My current employer keeps saying they will send me to classes and seminars but I always wind up taking time off and going on my own dime. In the end, it's just me and my wife supporting the kids. I don't owe "the man" anything and he owes "me" nothing. I do my job. When I get ready to leave , I will give my 4week required notice to cash out what little vacation pay I have saved. If they let me go before the 4 weeks is up, I will be prepared.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    Pretty standard to waive the two weeks at our shop if you quit write you a check and your on your way. Unless its for a non work related reason ie we had a guy quit because his wife moved across the country with his kids so he quit to move and be close to them. he was able to work out his notice.
    Well I took the offer and has left the old shop. I put in my 2 week notice and Monday morning I was basically pushed out of the door. You think by doing the right thing and I shoulda just left without saying anything. It's cool b/c I know that I didn't do anything wrong and they showed their true colors.

The best advise I can give is to do what feels right for you,and don't waste to much time thinking about it. Just remember one thing you were looking for a job when you found this one.

I should have read your last post. Good luck to you you did do the right thing and you will have a better life for it.
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACJOEK View Post
    The best advise I can give is to do what feels right for you,and don't waste to much time thinking about it. Just remember one thing you were looking for a job when you found this one.

I should have read your last post. Good luck to you you did do the right thing and you will have a better life for it.
    Thanks. I know I did the right thing. It is just I just didn't like how they did me and that's what bothers me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACSvc08 View Post
    Well I took the offer and has left the old shop. I put in my 2 week notice and Monday morning I was basically pushed out of the door. You think by doing the right thing and I shoulda just left without saying anything. It's cool b/c I know that I didn't do anything wrong and they showed their true colors.
    I think you did the right thing just as I would do however all I am saying is the company did not wrong you by not letting you work out your last two weeks as long as they paid you for them that is its just that some guys will take that time to try and steal customers not be productive etc. I am not defending the company just saying its not uncommon. Nothing directed at you personally just telling it like it is

Yeah I understand that. The worst part of it was when I signed me termination form, they put down "do not rehire" "do not recommend". Is it that serious?

Quote Originally Posted by HVACSvc08 View Post
    Yeah I understand that. The worst part of it was when I signed me termination form, they put down "do not rehire" "do not recommend". Is it that serious?
    Thats crappy of them to do. I wouldnt take it personally unless you were doing something you shouldnt have been doing. If not then they are just butt hurt because you left. Its too bad that they wouldnt recommend you when another company calls for reference. Maybe you can call and talk to the manager and ask why the harshness of the matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast