Thread: Air Show

Air Show

Took my new camera to the airshow today, thought I would share with you some of my favorite pictures. I ended up shooting 675 pictures and they turned out good for the most part except for a speck of dust I had on my CCD sensor and I didn't notice it till I got the pitures on my computer, I'm not going to photo shop 675 pictures so I may doctor a few of the good ones up. I need to slow down and center my pictures better but sometimes it's hard to do when their moving aircraft.

Here is another one, I like the way the upper wings shadow the lower wings it gives it a neet perspective against the mountains.

Nice shots, I like the third one, it looks surreal the plane is focused like its not moving yet the other photographer is blurred.

I think I missed the air shows this year, I always loved going to them.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by green jumper View Post
    Nice shots, I like the third one, it looks surreal the plane is focused like its not moving yet the other photographer is blurred.

I think I missed the air shows this year, I always loved going to them.
    That photographer must have been moving sideways REALLY fast huh?!

I missed the air show we had at EAFB this year. Something about all day on a 95 deg tar parking lot didn't sound all that appealing
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I wonder if thats Spots flying the biplane.

Tigger,
    NICE ! What kind of camera is it again ?

Hey, don't worry about "centering stuff" the only pictures I regret are the ones I Didn't take. Photoshop etc. will fix almost everything.

No that wasn't spotts flying the plane, he was in the ground crew area drinking beer ! ALL of the beer. (uh, high spotts, didn't see ya standing there)
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    Tigger,
    NICE ! What kind of camera is it again ?

Hey, don't worry about "centering stuff" the only pictures I regret are the ones I Didn't take. Photoshop etc. will fix almost everything.

No that wasn't spotts flying the plane, he was in the ground crew area drinking beer ! ALL of the beer. (uh, high spotts, didn't see ya standing there)
    Thanks, it's a Sony A100, they guy I set up next to was recording the show in HD on blueray useing a $25,000 Sony video camera.

does it have the rapid fire option (multi-frame)
    DSLR------any digital for that matter--------bad shot just delete

fire away

what size lense were you using

my E-volt has 150mm--------just can't swallow $600.00 for 300mm
    wifes Canon Xli has 300mm -------that lense is great for humming bird shots

play around with different ISO setting

daughters Canon 50D is a lot heavier------she likes manual focus-----she's a pro
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    does it have the rapid fire option (multi-frame)
    DSLR------any digital for that matter--------bad shot just delete

fire away

what size lense were you using

my E-volt has 150mm--------just can't swallow $600.00 for 300mm
    wifes Canon Xli has 300mm -------that lense is great for humming bird shots

play around with different ISO setting

daughters Canon 50D is a lot heavier------she likes manual focus-----she's a pro
    Yes, it will shoot continous about 3 frames per second thats the way I was shooting the F-16. I took all of those photos except the last one at 250 MM. I was using a Tamron 18-250 MM. I also have a Promaster 75-300 MM but I just left the 250 on, it was a perfect lense for the show. I didn't have any time to play with the settings and see how they turned out. I just set the ISO to auto and set priority shutter.

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/18250_diII.asp

Great job Tigger! I have loved airshows since I was a kid. One of the benefits of being an Air Force Brat!
    I bet ya Goosie will love your pics too! To bad ya didnt have any of the F15E. Its an awesome aircraft!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!