Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thrashme View Post
    It never amazes me to find things here
    I know man this forum is awesome with a ton of great guys & gals, guess there is a reason they say this is the best trade in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by thrashme View Post
    Tuesday the 25th I went to the local ENT guy and am scheduled for the same swollen turbulents, sinusitis, polyps on 9/8. Glad to know I'm not alone. Looking for relief.
    adamste81, keep us posted . I'm curious how it turns out for you.
    Do the surgery man!! I was nervous and almost didnt do it but now 24 hours later am so glad i did. There is almost no pain, although the wife insists I keep taking the loritab just incase it comes back so I give in and take it

I am on steroids for swelling, antibiotics, pain meds and a saline spray every 4 hours. I am not sure how bad your sinuses are but basically I had to live on decongestants and nose spray and now I hope I never have to use them again. I also am doing allergy shots once a week to help with that, dont know if you have allergies but if you do get the shots after the surgery....the success rate goes from like 85% to 95% if you do. (but only if you have allergies also)

Getting the nasal tampons out tomorrow morning, i really hope this doesnt hurt and i cant wait to see how much better i can breathe once this gauze is out of my nose!!!

I will let you know how it goes, allergy shots start tomorrow also.

My father had it done after suffering for years with problems.............he feels 100% better! Get er done!
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Got the gauze out, not very pleasant. Said everything looks good, just have to keep irrigating the sinuses and taking allergy shots and I may be able to breathe now........first meal post-op was Taco Bell, yummy

You sure you wanted taco bell with a new sniffer????

My husband has chronic sinusitis too along with seasonal allergies (pick the season, he's allergic to it) and frequent sinus infections. He's taking Singulair, Flonase and something else I can't remember along with over the counter stuff too.
    He had one side 'rotor rootered' as he calls it, back in '99 or 2000 due to issues from an impacted wisdom tooth. He was better (on that side) for about a year or two. Recovery from the surgery wasn't really bad, for him anyway.
    Men, some of you can be such babies when you're sick!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    You sure you wanted taco bell with a new sniffer????

My husband has chronic sinusitis too along with seasonal allergies (pick the season, he's allergic to it) and frequent sinus infections. He's taking Singulair, Flonase and something else I can't remember along with over the counter stuff too.
    He had one side 'rotor rootered' as he calls it, back in '99 or 2000 due to issues from an impacted wisdom tooth. He was better (on that side) for about a year or two. Recovery from the surgery wasn't really bad, for him anyway.
    Men, some of you can be such babies when you're sick!
    Did he go under general anesthesia? If so he probably had the same thing I did. Flonase and Nasonex are good, but you have to hit the underlying issues first, then treat them with the sprays which is hopefully what I had done this time. Only time will tell, it hurts pretty bad right now after they took the bandages out of my nostrils (honestly they were like nasal tampons ) but they said full results wont be until about 2-3 weeks. I still have 70 loritab just incase

Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    Got the gauze out, not very pleasant. Said everything looks good, just have to keep irrigating the sinuses and taking allergy shots and I may be able to breathe now........first meal post-op was Taco Bell, yummy
    Hence forth we shall refer to you as.............. THE Nose

Then we can say......................" Only ...The ........Nose ..............Knows.........

Of course you must First Graduate School, get a Job and a Nate Cert...and have twenty five years experience..........

There ya go Roscoe

How long are you supposed to do the sinus rinse after this surgery?
    I have a bad feeling it's daily for life, but I hate doing PM work on myself.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    How long are you supposed to do the sinus rinse after this surgery?
    I have a bad feeling it's daily for life, but I hate doing PM work on myself.
    Right now I am on a strict regimine of water, kosher salt, baking soda 2x a day and it is used with one of those baby syringes. The idea is that the syringe bulb will create unough pressure to break up any blood clots and crap that is left from the surgery. This goes on for a month, after that I will have to use those saline solutions 2x a day that are like a mist...........so its not too bad.

Well guys just an update now that we are at week 3 post-op.

I can not and have not been able to for the past 6 days smell or taste. The doc says my swelling is worse than expected and is pressing on the olfactory nerve and the nerve is not firing, thus no smell or taste. I am now on MORE steroids and it sucks. Not tasting or smelling is very depressing but hopefully this will only be temporary!!!

Not too sure this surgery was such a good idea now.

Surgery postponed

One week before I was to have surgery on my nose, my wife had an accident and she had her knee scoped. I opted to postpone my surgery until after she recovered fully. She has recovered and now I am rethinking, based on your experiences. please keep posting you "progress", as I will be .

Well, I have been using these new liquid steroids that you have to shoot up your nose for about a week and my taste and smell have returned so that is a good thing.

I wouldn't say the surgery was bad, they say you have to wait 8 weeks for full results and full healing and it has been almost 4 weeks now so hopefully this is just the halfway healing point and in another 4 weeks everything will be better than ever……..I hope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast