Thread: Chrysler "C-1"

Chrysler "C-1"

Chrysler produced a centrifugal model C-1, this was a high pressure (R-12), high speed compressor that was driven by a planitary gear arrangement. My question is does anyone have an overhaul manual for this machine. If is very similar to the Diakin chiller as the tooling was sold to Diakin when Chrysler left this industry. The Diakin manual is somewhat updated and does not exactlly match the original Chrysler unit. I will be more that pleased to contact any party that could provide the needed information. If there is a cost involed for the requested information that will present no problem. Thank you in advance.

Does it look like this one?

It is still in Saddam's basement in Tikrit

along with about 200 empty jugs of r-12 LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow...you need to talk to my boss. I tried to find a manual on an old York machine and he kicked me in the crotch for spending a week looking for that. Where would you even get parts for something like that?

First half completed

Reefermadness ... you are correct, what I can see in this picture, it is a Chrysler C1 chiller. How the question is where can one obtain a manual for this relic ......

Thanks for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph-D View Post
    Reefermadness ... you are correct, what I can see in this picture, it is a Chrysler C1 chiller. How the question is where can one obtain a manual for this relic ......

Thanks for the picture.
    Why don't you talk Kevin into reverse engineering Saddam's machine while he's tearing it all to pieces and send you his notes..................

The generator wasnt big enough to get it started LOL