Thread: HVAC Calc

Hmm HVAC Calc

Does the trial let you do one full home calculation, for like me a homeowner to make sure i get the right size equipment from my installer?

No, I dont think theres anything good in this world for free......

It just shows you how it works. Could be wrong, but I think doing your house is $50. Well worth it tho. Think of it like a $50. insurance policy that your system will be right. I'd also be questioning whether I had the right installer..... you know, if he thinks a load calc is a step that can be skipped...... whistle1
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Is it better to do a whole house calc like in the instuctional video or go room by room for each floor. In my front entrance the cieling is to second floor, open area. How to calculate this. I will be replaacing all windows to 1" low E Argon filled. Will be adding atticfoil.com also. My house is EIFS(synthetic stucco) is that in program and it was built in 1986 with blown insulation in attic, most of it covered with plywood floor. Will it be worth it.

room by room calcs are always the best. it gives yor the basis for future balancing. 2nd floor foyer areas should be served by a 2nd floor thermostats. 8th editon manual j calcs cover every type load possible. ie stucco. you can enter every building component by its u value. best left to a pro hvac tech.

thanks for the info. i think my installer did a decent job, just no way feasable to redo the mistakes from time home was built.