red neck freon recovery
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking red neck freon recovery

I wonder why he didn't mention recovering old cars, refrigerators and freezers, too? I mean, after all, as he says, its all the same type of freon so you can use it in your own home AC! beat22

That crazy! This kind of information is danger to DIY homeownerstoe tap2toe tap2. Question why does people keep referring to refrigerant as Freon?

"Most homeowners know what air conditioner freon is. Freon is DuPont’s brand name of refrigerant.

The reason so many people are familiar with AC Freon, because it was the first brand to presented on the market. Freon is DuPont’s trade name for it air conditioning refrigerant." --

http://www.central-air-conditioner-a...com/index.html
    Last edited by Learn_HVAC; 08-21-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: I found the answer to my question!

I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or call the EPA.

There is SO much scary misinformation in that video that the guy is lucky to have lived as long as he has doing that crazy stuff.

That's....er ummm...stunning? I'm speechless...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Red face

This guy need to be better educated.
    He should be a blue collar instead of a red neck.

But at least we know we can interchange them all.. So anyone looking for a drop-in replacement for R-22, just take some 134a out of your car and fill 'er up...

I kid..

Wow that guy has some high end tools,hopefully our company will open up the wallet and upgrade now that they have seen what's out there.
    GO DAWGS!

He's still alive? "Yeah I just drilled a hole in the tank and used some compressed air to blow out the gas..."

Won't be long now, keep an eye on the obits.

BTW, he's got a whole range of videos on youtube you can learn to maim yourself with.
    Last edited by dreianj; 08-22-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Omission

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or call the EPA.

There is SO much scary misinformation in that video that the guy is lucky to have lived as long as he has doing that crazy stuff.
    EPA Wont help much considering he is located in London Ontario Canada... Yes this is very very illegal in Canada as it is in the US.

Well I'm relieved to know I can use an oval or round compressor to do this...
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I guess that "Red-neck" stuff is funny from time to time, but, its idiots like that, who end up getting hurt and/or tear up equipment trying to save a buck. If this self proclaimed "Redneck" blows himself up, im going to write him in for the Darwin award. Jack-a$$!
    Last edited by canned hoss; 08-22-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in "jack-a$$
    I thinks she needs some "freeze-on"

big2
    Did anyone else notice he was discussing saftey on the amount to fill the drum, yet the drum was made for propane? with a home made valve stem, LMFAO !!! I would pay good money to watch this moron hurt himself. And remember guys....ALL UNITS USE "exactly" THE SAME "freon" Regardless of what the label states. All the same....Could have save a S#@% load if i had known that before...Ive been buying those different ones for so long beat22beat22

OKanyone1anyone1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast