Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exh. Hood, Welded Duct and MUA Unit. Frank is adding the 16 Ga. sheet metal to Safe off penetration. You can not see the 2" X 2" angle knee braces that support the duct, mua unit and stack to veneer wall with 14" of double brick underlay. The bldg is 90 years old with a new face. We used the epoxy resin with 3/8" threaed rod to support knee braces. Before anyone asks, there is a cleanout at each direct change.

If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

That is astounding work and very eye pleasing.
    I must admit I don't understand everything I
    see. Would you mention/describe a bit more.
    This highlights the diversity of this trade.
    Once again beautiful work.

The redish brown welded duct is the exhaust duct from the hood. The Make up air unit is on top of the ex duct and draws air in the rear where the mesh filters are.The galv. plenum is the make up air supply dcut that supplies fresh air to a SS plenum at the rear of the hood and delivers the air to the floor area. Ex. fan must be 10' from any windows that is why it is run horiz. and them vert. Top of fan must be 40" above roof. Will have supression test tomorrow, but I know it will pass. Next hood job is small only 4' but the ex. duct will be 30' horizontal and 35' vertical. The pictured hood is 9' long. The largest one I ever installed was 30' long with 2 ex fans and 2 MUA fans. About 10 years ago. He is still my customer and we did a 100 ton cooling job and multiple ex. rennovation 2 years ago. Keeps me busy.

I see by your profile you are in northern NJ. That job is in New Brunswick, NJ. Finshed one in Ringoes, and one in Maplewood last month.

Good job on the hood in the kitchen, and the work outside on the building.

This unit is just using raw outside air? Not tempering it to be a bit warmer on the cold Jan winter days?

Originally posted by mayguy
    Good job on the hood in the kitchen, and the work outside on the building.

This unit is just using raw outside air? Not tempering it to be a bit warmer on the cold Jan winter days?
    Not many Rest. or Deli owners want to pay for having tempered air installed. I only did one in the past 5 years and that was 1 million BTU's.

Originally posted by rayr
    I see by your profile you are in northern NJ. That job is in New Brunswick, NJ. Finshed one in Ringoes, and one in Maplewood last month.
    I just checked your Web thats in progress.
    I work in the Morris/Sussex area and I'm small.
    But I will recommend you because I bet you would
    come up this far if any one needed a similar install.
    I'm going to update my profile with a phone number
    I trust this site. Perhaps add something
    in the contractors section.
    Once again that outstanding work.

I was raised in Newton and Colesville. Even went to a 2 room shool in Owens Station near the Black Dirt Farms. Twas a long time ago. Before Elvis.

Originally posted by rayr
    I was raised in Newton and Colesville. Even went to a 2 room shool in Owens Station near the Black Dirt Farms. Twas a long time ago. Before Elvis.
    Well I live in Newton ( Fredon ) and every once in a while I see Elvis.
    Colesville now it does get cold there.
    Had many an experiance in the winter going up Rt23 to
    Matamoras. I owned an Ornamental Iron and Welding shop
    in 1971 for a year there. Nice to know some NJ boys are around. Land of the Black Dirt, did a lot of flying out of
    Sussex Airport over there.

Talking

Nice looking job!

Is the horizontal duct level?

Around here (waco,tx)we gotta run the horizontal running duct with at least 1/4" per foot of slope down towards the hood so the grease wont collect.
    Go Away
    I'm Busy!

Even the uneducated

That looks sweet, dare I say artistic.

Beautiful work rayr. Does the galvanized plenum on the MUA unit get painted? Just curious.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Nice to see a masterpiece. (Please don't call me to clean out when it get greased up.) Thats the way you do it.
    Because chicks dig it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast