Confused Copeland compressors

I'm in way over my head, I believe, but here goes. I am demolishing an old grocery store and have 12 copeland compressors(small) that were used for the walk-in coolers, etc. Is there a chance of selling these and who could I contact? Thank you

Not much of a market for used compressors. You might want to check your local scrap yard.

They will need to have the refrigerant recovered and properly disposed of by a certified technician,otherwise you risk big fines.

If they are on small reach in cases,maybe you can sell the whole thing on craigslist,even if you don't get much for them, you don't have to pay to properly dispose of, and maybe they can still be used.
    GO DAWGS!

My local scrap yard takes them, they want the oil out. It does not pay very much.

You don't make much money off compressors from a scrap yard, too much trouble for the metal. Coils on the other hand can be big $$.

I would recommend trying to sell them online if they are still in good condition, if not, maybe try contacting copeland since all of their compressors go through copelands 3926345287645 point check system and are expensive for the rebuilt ones.

Semi hermetic compressors are valuable as cores to compressor rebuilders. Hermetics are usually recycled if the oil is removed. My scrap yard gives me 80Cents a lb. for hermetics. Way back when I was new in the trade, I removed a big air dryer system that had Carrier 5H compressors. My boss told me to remove the system and take it to the scrap yard that was close to the job. I rolled across the scales with this equipment on the back of a company flat bed truck and was surprised that this junk was worth over $700 for scrap. I took the cash back to the boss, and our Christmas party that year was extra special.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Don't cast body compressors have a core credit?

Wonder if it is possible to cash in on that?
    only if you buy a new one

Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    Semi hermetic compressors are valuable as cores to compressor rebuilders. Hermetics are usually recycled if the oil is removed. My scrap yard gives me 80Cents a lb. for hermetics. Way back when I was new in the trade, I removed a big air dryer system that had Carrier 5H compressors. My boss told me to remove the system and take it to the scrap yard that was close to the job. I rolled across the scales with this equipment on the back of a company flat bed truck and was surprised that this junk was worth over $700 for scrap. I took the cash back to the boss, and our Christmas party that year was extra special.
    Holy crap! Eighty cents a pound... is that a typo?
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Quote Originally Posted by cold in alberta View Post
    only if you buy a new one
    Oh well. It was a thought.

He could probably still sell them to a remanufacturer as has already been mentioned.

We have 2 15 condensors that are only 1 year old in the cage since they pulled out the 30ton air handler and went with 2 15 ton gaspacks, carrier distributor would buy back the compressors but for only like 10% of core cost when you buy a rebuilt.

I think they're still sitting there.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma