GetCool - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GetCool

Get Cool Software Application

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Does the software only IR to the Testo Digital Manifold? It appears the interface is only to this paticular manifold device. It is very cool software but the price. WOW!! I'll stick with manual input Does give me an idea or two though.
    I know a little about the software, so I'll take a stab at this:

The software allows a technician to directly enter in field information, guage pressures, temperatures, etceteras.

The tool can also communicate (receive) information directly from the Testo 556/560 directly using the Testo's IR Printer feature. The software was developed like this to capture data directly from the Testo to ensure (in certain circumstances) that technicians are not making up, or manipulating data.

The software was developed for field research and analysis, however it has taken on a new direction in the past year as more contractors and technicians have seen it's use in utility programs, which brings us back to the reason/benefit why the software can capture data from the Testo tools.

As more and more utilities start paying incentives to customers and contractors for the installation and/or improvement of their mechanical systems, they are requiring a higher standard of documentation. Several recent studies have found some contractors in certain markets have been submitting fraudulent data to earn/collect rebate monies. Some of the estimates, if prosecuted, will put away some owners in jail for some very significant periods of time. I suspect this will remain a relatively quiet affair, but utility program managers are rapidly becoming aware of the situation across the U.S. Utility managers have always required engineering firms who do evaluation studies to "data log" and analyze equipment in the field. Many of the customer sites who participate have seen the data collected by these firms, and it often contradicts what their mechanical contractors have been reporting!

What has happened, is that both the utilties and the more savvy site owners/operators are now requiring better data documentation of the servicing of equipment at their sites.

This is where and why the Testo offers so much value. Forget about the digital accuracy, the superheat and subcooling calculators; the developer (of Get-Cool) and several engineering firms saw the not-so-insignificant beneifit that the tool allows the contractor/technician to rapidy and inexpensively "data-log" equipment/system operation. Even for day-to-day use, it allows the technician to use an inexpensive and portable printer to print out measurements and some calculations on site - as real documentation of how the system is running.

The Get-Cool application was leveraged to take advantage of this ability, and basically captures the IR data stream and does a much more significant analysis of the operation of the system - and it allows the tech to save the tests for uploading to an MS-ACCESS database for additional processing if desired. More importantly, you can also recall and review saved data on the Palm, while in the field to show the customer.

What this means is you can record operational data over time (I usually "log" a unit for 20 minutes or so), and analyze it in the field (so you don't have to wait to upload the data from the tool to a laptop/desktop). This of course provides the technician to ability to show a client on site, or send them the data at a later time.

I suspect that if contractors find the software useful, and provide feedback on what they'd like to see it do, then the software will be expanded to several more portable platforms. Although no longer cutting edge, the Palm platform is inexpensive, and still has good availability so there is not much risk or cost to use it.

So the short answer is TrueTech will most likely sell the software as a stand-alone product (probably at a slightly higher price - but I do not speak for them), or as bundled with all the Testo diagnostics equipment in the link you saw. The software becomes very compelling and powerful when you take all the proper measurements with good tools, which is why I suspect TrueTech put together the bundle right out of the gate. The bundle also allows a contractor to fully and properly document all the parameters required in many utility programs - like airflow, which is largely undocumented in most systems.

Cheers! cheers1

Does the software only IR to the Testo Digital Manifold? It appears the interface is only to this paticular manifold device. It is very cool software but the price. WOW!! I'll stick with manual input Does give me an idea or two though.
    I was hopeing it wouldcheers1
    If you help others then you are a Success

Link for the kit:

http://www.trutechtools.com/cart/ind...8d9de6ba56af55

I have pretty much everything except for the analyzer and the palm with the software.

Now since I install ac mostly everyday, I'm constantly pulling vacuums. Has anyone had problems with their Testo's when pulling a vacuum? Is it better if I get the 560 with the gauge built in? I'm just worried about time and pulling a good vac through 1/4 hoses.

-Mark

So if my understanding is correct from the post the software knows whether the data was inputted by IR from the Testo Manifold or manually inputted. Otherwise, without this denotation then the utility companies are no better off then they were before in verifying system performance. It seems to me that the data can still be manipulated so if part of the design was to remedy alteration of the inputted data then the software must be able to accomplish this verification process in some manner that is full proof and beyond reproach.

So if my understanding is correct from the post the software knows whether the data was inputted by IR from the Testo Manifold or manually inputted. Otherwise, without this denotation then the utility companies are no better off then they were before in verifying system performance. It seems to me that the data can still be manipulated so if part of the design was to remedy alteration of the inputted data then the software must be able to accomplish this verification process in some manner that is full proof and beyond reproach.
    How the data comes into the unit can be easily verified by the program, that is the reason that the final test would be streamed into the palm with the 556/560. If it was put in by hand it would be of little value for the verification process. If the data is edited, it is apparent on the back end of the program. The tech can manipulate all he/she wants, but at the end of the day it is very easy to determine where the data came from. Stand alone however if the data is input by the user it is still a very powerful troubleshooting tool.
    JLB,

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    How the data comes into the unit can be easily verified by the program, that is the reason that the final test would be streamed into the palm with the 556/560. If it was put in by hand it would be of little value for the verification process. If the data is edited, it is apparent on the back end of the program. The tech can manipulate all he/she wants, but at the end of the day it is very easy to determine where the data came from. Stand alone however if the data is input by the user it is still a very powerful troubleshooting tool.
    I agree with you last statement. Jim
    face it if some one wants to fake the Data they will find a way.

Anyone got a link to the "getcool" site that will tell us more like phone requirements, OS requirement, screen prints cost will it work with a QWT keypad and window smartphone Mobile 6.1 OS etc... release date.

Thanks

Get-Cool answers

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Anyone got a link to the "getcool" site that will tell us more like phone requirements, OS requirement, screen prints cost will it work with a QWT keypad and window smartphone Mobile 6.1 OS etc... release date.

Thanks
    The Get-Cool.info website is currently supporting a utility program. There are some hidden pages with video training on the program. If you are interested in seeing a series of "training" videos, you can visit here: http://www.get-cool.info/html/Get-Co...plication.html

The main website has support material for different software and several utility programs not related to this software, therefore it won't answer the questions you ask here (yet). I've got a few more things to finish on the application next week before I even think about changing over the website. I am more concerned about the software actually working correctly than getting the "marketing" part in place yet.

I have been using the software for about a year now, and have used it to test hundreds of AC systems across the U.S. (from CT to CA) from 1 1/2 ton splits to 75 ton rooftops. The software has undergone tremendous changes and improvements as I have used the software and experienced what it is actually like to use it. The software is also in use by a group of contractors in AR in a utility program who with Jim's help have also provided invaluable feedback and suggestions. This is going to be software by contractors for contractors, so I hope everyone who uses the software provides constructive criticsm.

The software currently being developed is for the Palm OS (ver 3.0 and higher).

The software will not work "as-is" on a Pocket PC based phone or hand held, however there is an application adapter made by StyleTap that allows Palm applications to run on a Pocket PC (ie, Mobile 5.0). I am hoping to start coding a native Pocket-PC version later this fall. I have used the current version on an older HP Pocket PC I have and it generally works well, however I don't think it will read through the IR port, nor will the conduit work, so you can't sync the data to a database if you use the StyleTap adapter.

The next step is a desktop application to support field collected data.

We are also looking at possibly porting the application to the Blackberry - as this was requested by a client. I won't know more about this until I start porting the application to the Pocket PC version.

The application doesn't care how you key in information, so you can use a virtual (on screen) keyboard, or built-in keyboard.

Thanks Buck will it be able to run on Window Moblie 6.1 smartphone. I looks GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Thanks Buck will it be able to run on Window Moblie 6.1 smartphone. I looks GREAT
    When I port it over to the Pocket PC it should work no problem. I haven't tried Styletap with Mobile 6.0, so I can't say for sure, but most of the changes between Mobile 5 and 6 are about .NET support and some telephony, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Just out of curiosity, does your phone have an IR port? It seems like this feature is rapidly becoming extinct on many hand-held devices.

I HTC onze

look like no
    I/O Interface Bluetooth® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for stereo wireless headsets, mini-USB 11-pin connector, USB cable and charging interface

wow if you need a beta test for WM 6.1 smartphone I'll buy the Styletap software and test it for you. looks better then slice bread.

My e-mails in my profile

Just got done watch the Whole training video that look like you did a great job.

how do you print, can you transport it to Excel ?

You did some great work Buck

Just talked to Buck Tayor.. Great guy...

Palm Software should be available in 1 to 2 weeks from trutechtools..

Put the word out.. Lets get some demand going..

J

Great program that will compliment your exactcharge program..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast