+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GetCool

Post Likes

GetCool

I got a E-Newsletter from Trutech tools today. They meantioned a tool that seemed interesting. Here's what it said:

COMING SOON….

* GetCool: A revolutionary new kit that analyzes A/C systems and calculates Cooling tons and EER in the field in seconds.
    Anyone heard about this? Who its made by or what it entails? I'm too curious about this det1

-Mark

Post Likes
    It's a little ambitious on the price, but here's a link and some info:

http://www.trutechtools.com/cart/ind...roducts_id=254

Post Likes
    Here is a link to a video on the product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GjDgfCohcI
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Jim You need a new disconcert

I like it what things would it not be able to do if you don't use the Testo 556.

I interested in using it with My DigiCool 1250.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Jim How much just for the
    Palm PDA with GetCool (R) Custom Software loaded
    - design to measure A/C System performance and diagnose

or

Software
    & what will it run on Iphone etc.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Jim How much just for the
    Palm PDA with GetCool (R) Custom Software loaded
    - design to measure A/C System performance and diagnose

or

Software
    & what will it run on Iphone etc.....
    You would have to ask Bill Spohn from TruTech Tools about pricing, I just helped out with the video. The software will work with any gauge set, but the 556/560 will input the data via IR. I do not think that Bill has added the software to the Trutech site. I am sure he will have it up in the next few days/week. Not sure how they will offer it. I am not sure of all of the platforms it will operate on either at this time. I was running it on a palm.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Can you load the data to you Laptop by IR or other interface

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Can you load the data to you Laptop by IR or other interface
    Yes it sinks to a database where it can be used as is or exported to excel. The final version is still a few days out.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Thanks guys. That disconnect scares me too FCS Seems like cool software.

If you have the 556/560 with wireless humidity/temp probes, does it transfer that data to the palm also so you don't have to manually enter it?

I like how the bar graphs show you how close you are to the target performance.

I do a lot of install work and I think that would be beneficial for commissioning equipment.

-Mark

Post Likes
    Transferring all of the data including RH and temp is the idea. You get a real time shot of what is going on. If you have wireless probes you get everything. It is very cool.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Thanks Jim. Yea it would seem to be a real time saver too. You could take a snapshot of everything at once and see where your at.

I assume if you have the add on current clamp for the 556/560 that will input data from that too?

Man, all this stuff! I need to win the lottery. I'm on the verge of buying a ac analyzer setup. Looks like I might need to save some more to get the whole setup.

-Mark

Post Likes
    Can't wait for the software!

I have software on my Palm PDA that essentially does the same thing via manual input, only I can't save the data, and the on screen report just spits out numbers that are incomprehensible to a home owner.

Post Likes
    Does the software only IR to the Testo Digital Manifold? It appears the interface is only to this paticular manifold device. It is very cool software but the price. WOW!! I'll stick with manual input Does give me an idea or two though.

Post Likes

Get Cool Software Application

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Does the software only IR to the Testo Digital Manifold? It appears the interface is only to this paticular manifold device. It is very cool software but the price. WOW!! I'll stick with manual input Does give me an idea or two though.
    I know a little about the software, so I'll take a stab at this:

The software allows a technician to directly enter in field information, guage pressures, temperatures, etceteras.

The tool can also communicate (receive) information directly from the Testo 556/560 directly using the Testo's IR Printer feature. The software was developed like this to capture data directly from the Testo to ensure (in certain circumstances) that technicians are not making up, or manipulating data.

The software was developed for field research and analysis, however it has taken on a new direction in the past year as more contractors and technicians have seen it's use in utility programs, which brings us back to the reason/benefit why the software can capture data from the Testo tools.

As more and more utilities start paying incentives to customers and contractors for the installation and/or improvement of their mechanical systems, they are requiring a higher standard of documentation. Several recent studies have found some contractors in certain markets have been submitting fraudulent data to earn/collect rebate monies. Some of the estimates, if prosecuted, will put away some owners in jail for some very significant periods of time. I suspect this will remain a relatively quiet affair, but utility program managers are rapidly becoming aware of the situation across the U.S. Utility managers have always required engineering firms who do evaluation studies to "data log" and analyze equipment in the field. Many of the customer sites who participate have seen the data collected by these firms, and it often contradicts what their mechanical contractors have been reporting!

What has happened, is that both the utilties and the more savvy site owners/operators are now requiring better data documentation of the servicing of equipment at their sites.

This is where and why the Testo offers so much value. Forget about the digital accuracy, the superheat and subcooling calculators; the developer (of Get-Cool) and several engineering firms saw the not-so-insignificant beneifit that the tool allows the contractor/technician to rapidy and inexpensively "data-log" equipment/system operation. Even for day-to-day use, it allows the technician to use an inexpensive and portable printer to print out measurements and some calculations on site - as real documentation of how the system is running.

The Get-Cool application was leveraged to take advantage of this ability, and basically captures the IR data stream and does a much more significant analysis of the operation of the system - and it allows the tech to save the tests for uploading to an MS-ACCESS database for additional processing if desired. More importantly, you can also recall and review saved data on the Palm, while in the field to show the customer.

What this means is you can record operational data over time (I usually "log" a unit for 20 minutes or so), and analyze it in the field (so you don't have to wait to upload the data from the tool to a laptop/desktop). This of course provides the technician to ability to show a client on site, or send them the data at a later time.

I suspect that if contractors find the software useful, and provide feedback on what they'd like to see it do, then the software will be expanded to several more portable platforms. Although no longer cutting edge, the Palm platform is inexpensive, and still has good availability so there is not much risk or cost to use it.

So the short answer is TrueTech will most likely sell the software as a stand-alone product (probably at a slightly higher price - but I do not speak for them), or as bundled with all the Testo diagnostics equipment in the link you saw. The software becomes very compelling and powerful when you take all the proper measurements with good tools, which is why I suspect TrueTech put together the bundle right out of the gate. The bundle also allows a contractor to fully and properly document all the parameters required in many utility programs - like airflow, which is largely undocumented in most systems.

Cheers! cheers1

Post Likes
    I was hopeing it wouldcheers1

Post Likes
    Link for the kit:

http://www.trutechtools.com/cart/ind...8d9de6ba56af55

I have pretty much everything except for the analyzer and the palm with the software.

Now since I install ac mostly everyday, I'm constantly pulling vacuums. Has anyone had problems with their Testo's when pulling a vacuum? Is it better if I get the 560 with the gauge built in? I'm just worried about time and pulling a good vac through 1/4 hoses.

-Mark

Post Likes
    So if my understanding is correct from the post the software knows whether the data was inputted by IR from the Testo Manifold or manually inputted. Otherwise, without this denotation then the utility companies are no better off then they were before in verifying system performance. It seems to me that the data can still be manipulated so if part of the design was to remedy alteration of the inputted data then the software must be able to accomplish this verification process in some manner that is full proof and beyond reproach.

Post Likes
    So if my understanding is correct from the post the software knows whether the data was inputted by IR from the Testo Manifold or manually inputted. Otherwise, without this denotation then the utility companies are no better off then they were before in verifying system performance. It seems to me that the data can still be manipulated so if part of the design was to remedy alteration of the inputted data then the software must be able to accomplish this verification process in some manner that is full proof and beyond reproach.
    How the data comes into the unit can be easily verified by the program, that is the reason that the final test would be streamed into the palm with the 556/560. If it was put in by hand it would be of little value for the verification process. If the data is edited, it is apparent on the back end of the program. The tech can manipulate all he/she wants, but at the end of the day it is very easy to determine where the data came from. Stand alone however if the data is input by the user it is still a very powerful troubleshooting tool.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    How the data comes into the unit can be easily verified by the program, that is the reason that the final test would be streamed into the palm with the 556/560. If it was put in by hand it would be of little value for the verification process. If the data is edited, it is apparent on the back end of the program. The tech can manipulate all he/she wants, but at the end of the day it is very easy to determine where the data came from. Stand alone however if the data is input by the user it is still a very powerful troubleshooting tool.
    I agree with you last statement. Jim
    face it if some one wants to fake the Data they will find a way.

Post Likes
    Anyone got a link to the "getcool" site that will tell us more like phone requirements, OS requirement, screen prints cost will it work with a QWT keypad and window smartphone Mobile 6.1 OS etc... release date.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in