Speaking of hustler

How about this scam.You have a guy come up in nice dress colths and he claims he lost.He from out of state and he going to collage and they have the roads block off because of a fire.They made him turn around and he got lost and now he out of gas.

He goes on about how he knows no one in town, and even will show you the needle on the gas guage showing its own E.

The guy thought he was a pro untill I asked how can you be from out of state with virginia tags on your car.He said its a rental.I'm like yeah right they have lic plate that start off with a certain letter or number your does not.

Thats when he walk away got in the car and went down the road.

ROFL..

Moved to General, more people need to read this.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

But what is the scam ?

What is he telling you for?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    How about this scam. You have a guy come up in nice dress colths and he claims he lost. He from out of state and he going to collage and they have the roads block off because of a fire. They made him turn around and he got lost and now he out of gas.

He goes on about how he knows no one in town, and even will show you the needle on the gas guage showing its own E.

The guy thought he was a pro untill I asked how can you be from out of state with virginia tags on your car. He said its a rental. I'm like yeah right they have lic plate that start off with a certain letter or number your does not.

Thats when he walk away got in the car and went down the road.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

25+ year old scam. I see it every week, or variations of that.

They'll pull their car up to the side of a mini-mart, put the hood up. Ask everybody for a couple bucks "for gas" that pulls in. They get a stash, put the hood down and go somewhere else.

Or, "I lost/had my money stolen, lost and car out of gas, I need 2 bucks for the bus"

Another one is, they'll park their car on a expressway "on" ramp, with the hood up. When you stop to ask if they need help, they'll ask for a couple bucks so they can go get gas. Since they're on a ramp, you won't be back by to see if they're still there or not. I've seen the same car work the same scam on different ramps for a week or two.

Oh - I would never give anybody like that money

I offer to call the police for them. It would never even occur to me to give them money.

It reminds me of a lawyer friend of mine. When we were still in school he was clerking for a local judge. We would have lunch together near the courthouse and one time we saw a guy with a paper coffee cup - asking people for money.

Michael had me hold his jacket and tie (he was still dressed in suit pants and a white dress shirt) and took my coffee cup to begin asking people for money. He collected four or five dollars in a really short time and the other guy got pissed off. I smoothed it over but afterwards the begging became a regular thing. Every time met for lunch he would pull the same stunt. <g>

And he always got more money than I would have ever expected. I always laughed that it was a darned good thing he wasn't asking me. <g>

Although when I was about 15 years old I ran away from home and successfully panhandled in Miami for a month or more. I guess if they hadn't caught me and brought me back home I might still be there now. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

I don't give them money, either. Except for the blind guy with the seeing eye dog that sits outside the K Mart by my moms' house. He lets' me pet the dog.

Well, there was this one time, I was waiting at a red light to get on the tollway. Young guy with a dog sitting in the median was panhandling. I look over at the other ramp and there was this smokin' hot babe panhandling, too. She was quite busy.

When the dude got up to my truck, I nodded over tothe babe and asked what's the story?

He said, Oh, that's my girlfriend, we're trying to get enough money to keep backpacking through the midwest.

I told him anybody that could get that hot of a babe to panhandle with strangers for him had to have something goin' on.

I gave him 5 bucks.

I was driving down Colfax in Denver one day. Saw a guy and his kid with a big sign "Will work for food".

A lady gives him a bag from McDonalds. and he kicked the whole bag into the storm drain and held is sign back up. He didnt want food, just free, lazy cash. I NEVER give a bum nothing but advice......... big2

I'm mad this wasnt a dirty magazine thread!!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Back when I worked for someone else me and the boss had stopped at a mickyDs for breakfast and this old bum came up and asked the boss for money to get something to eat. The boss told him that he would work him for the day so he could earn some money. Man looked at the boss and said F you and walked away. We then saw him walk over to the dumpster and get something out an eat it. Man I just can't imagine beeing so sorry that I would eat out of a dumpster to keep from working.
    Certified,qualified and can do it cause were used to it.

there's always the guy that just got out of jail too

i've been in fist fights with these bums that won't leave me alone
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I was at bank last week,guy trying to sell me DVD's,CD's inside bank,management did't say anything. Soon as I left went to gas station across the street,there he was again working same scam ,nobody wanted crappy CD's they gave money just to get him out of their face!!! By the time I was ready to go he was at bus stop laughing and counting a knot that would choke a horse.