Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNAKE!!!!!!

SNAKE!!!!!!

Wow, I was just relaxin, watchin the 10:00 news thinkin bout havin a beer and a smoke when my wife walks in the livin room to say g'nite. Well my kids have one of those jointed wooden snakes which was in the living room all day.

She walks in and sees movement. She said she thought.... that damn wooden snake is moving! Then it dawned on her it was a real snake, she screams and I jump off the couch........ dang! 4' Bullsnake right in the living room behind the couch, a foot from me, leaving our bedroom!

She got a towel? Guess she was gonna wash um? I walked to the garage, got a garden fork, found um under the couch, and took im back outside. Didnt hurt him, bull snakes eat alot of mice and actually keep rattlers away. But I wish you could see my wifes eyes! She is pretty freaked out right now! Might not get that beer after all, better go look at all the vents outside the home.....
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I'm sure glad you didn't hurt the little guy. How did turning him loose go over with the wife?

Well, she is sure he likes it in here and will be right back. I have no clue how he got in cept theres 2 fart fans in the basement in unfinished bathrooms. I'd shot expando foam in the 4" outlets last year. One had been ate out by mice, he coulda followed their trail in. 9' drop pry wouldnt hurt him as he got in, but would a snake climb up stairs? I gotta make sure she dont ever find another. I shoved it fulla steel wool till I make a thourough check of the exterior.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Make sure the cleanouts on your sewer line are pluged. I've seen snakes come in through the cleanout and right up the toilet. But he wouldn't be able to come up the steps. They can squeeze through some really tight spaces.

When you said snake I thought at first a politician stopped by ....
    Last edited by HVAC9900; 08-19-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: #1
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    Make sure the cleanouts on your sewer line are pluged. I've seen snakes come in through the cleanout and right up the toilet. But he wouldn't be able to come up the steps. They can squeeze through some really tight spaces.
    it's a newer how with a lift system for bsmt plbg. Theres no exterior door without steps up. really wonderin how he got in.
    Walter Matthau

You had to get a tool to get him? sheesh, pick him up and carry him!

Just curious, why couldn't have he came up the stairs? If they can climb rocks, why not stairs? or do they just prefer elevators?
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    You had to get a tool to get him? sheesh, pick him up and carry him!

Just curious, why couldn't have he came up the stairs? If they can climb rocks, why not stairs? or do they just prefer elevators?
    I just realized how big the snake actually was I was looking at the picture. I think a 4' snake might be able to make it up a stair way.

Wonder if we can really freak him out?

Suppose it'd be able to make it's way onto a couch, or in a chair? hehe
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I've seen snake in attics before.You'll also see mice dropping as well.The source of food no doubt.These were on ranch style homes.Never forget the day I went into a attic to see a big black snake settin in the emergency drain pan.

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    Wonder if we can really freak him out?

Suppose it'd be able to make it's way onto a couch, or in a chair? hehe
    Must have been under the bed or couch till we turned out the lights.
    Walter Matthau

Do ya think he's after your cooking??
    Tracers work both ways.

Yikes!
    He woulda owned that home ifin it had been me!!! I would moved out pronto and left everything to him!
    Glad you got your house back!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast