Did you take delivery yet? If so, how's it working out.

Colour me curious.

The reply is over 8 months late. So sue me! I wasn't around when this was posted. Seeing my name "in lights" in the other thread made me wonder. Anyway, here she is:

Yes, she's big beautiful and very black. Naysayers say what you will about the black color, but it has been worth every extra drop of sweat and exploded can of R-410A. I get comments on it all the time. Compared to Texas and other places, the weather out isn't nearly so hot. So it hasn't been bad at all.

I think you advised me in a Ford vs Chevy thread way back, ay Otter? The power steering pump was incredibly noisy right at delivery and didn't get any better. They replaced it and all has been well so far. The extra cargo room, 300 horses and limited slip diff have been very nice. Remind me again: You said something about keeping the sliding door lubed?

Hopefully the auto e-mail feature will let you know this is here.

Nice looking lettering. Are those wheels stock?

The worse thing about black is keeping it clean. My grandfathers last job was foreman for the paint department at the General Motors plant in Baltimore. He told me that the vehicles with the least amount of flaws were the ones set aside to paint black because black shows up flaws so well.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

They're stock in as much as they were the nicest option Chevy had. I think it's a run of the mill wheel with a chrome cap in the middle, that's all. I was seriously considering chrome wheels because I love chrome on black. But too much money was flying out the door already and I didn't want to give even more reason to attract attention from the criminal element. No... I'm NOT talking about duct cleaners. Speaking of which, Boss did a very insulting... err, nice parody of the van in that other thread.

Keeping it clean is a PITA sometimes. Though it's more for my sake than anyone else's. The glare of the chrome, the reflection of the gloss paint and the gaudiness of the lettering all distract very well. You don't really see how dirty it is until you're up close. From the porch of a homeowner's house the dirt has to be caked real thick for you to notice.

Thumbs up

WoW , thats a great lookin van. What does the inside look like. 2 thumbs up.

Yeah lets see the inside! I've had my van for 2 months now and I'm still trying to get stuff put away (and finding new stuff I never knew I had lol). I like the no windows thing a lot too!

Nice ride!

nice van! re: door hings...sliding or not, keep 'em lubed...lube specs are in your owners manual. Up here where there's a LOT of road salt in the winter, the barn door hinges have a nasty habit of binding if not lubed constantly.

Good luck, she'll serve you well if you take good care of her.

Robo: yup, those wheels are stock, but the chrome centre caps are an $80CAD option.