+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My School Curriculum

Post Likes

My School Curriculum

Here is a copy of the webpage from my tech school with the program overview, what do you guys think? Look decent enough?

http://gwinnetttech.com/content.cfm?...mOutlineID=313

Post Likes
    I don't think that the program, or stated curriculum is as important as the caliber of those delivering it and your interest in learning it.

Your membership here says a LOT about you, at least to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Your membership here says a LOT about you, at least to me.
    I really appreciate that. I want this to be a career and not just another job. My friend graduated 2 years back from the same school and said the instructors are terriffic and he came out feeling confident about his chances in the field. This is a great forum with a lot of great guys, and as soon as my EPA certs come through I am applying for Pro Membership.

Post Likes
    I wish you the best of luck in this industry. The courses look pretty good, just try hard, and don't be embarassed to ask questions. Stay late if you need to, suck up every drop of information you can.

If you don't have any experience, I recommend trying to get some even if it is basic volunteer. Habitat for humanity is pretty global and can give you some experience on installs. Go to volunteer firefighters/emt squads offer to do free preventative maintenance etc.

Three vital things: What you know, how long you've worked with it, and WHO you know.

Post Likes
    Be open minded, absorb all and then some. Pay close attention in the electrical as it is the biggest part.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in