Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Camera

New Camera

I got me a new DSLR camera this weekend with a half dozen lenses and a dozen filters. I always wanted a professional camera and have a whole lot to learn about photography. I picked 3 of my favorite pictures I took at the lake this weekend, and thought I would share them.

The second one wins. What camera did you get?
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

I got the sony Alpha 100, I just love the pictures that it takes. My dad just got a brand new camera and lenses so I inherited his old one. There are so many dang settings on this thing with out the auto mode I wouldn't have a clue how to set it. I got a lot of learning to do. Now I'm going to have to dig the my photo printer out of the moth balls.

The 3rd one has the best composition and detail.

The 1st one is too soft and slightly out of focus, the second one is not very clear.

Try cranking up the speed on the shutter, and possibly stepping up the ISO and closing the Aperture.

Get a good flash and use it whenever you can, even outdoors, the flash that is built in the camera is not very good.

Those are great Tiger. Have you printed any yet?
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I used some rewards from a supplier to get a Nikon DSLR and I love it. While I was researching the brands, I found out that alot of the Sony Alpha platform was inherited from Minolta, and many of the lenses and accessories from the Minolta 35mm auto focus cameras are interchangeable with the Sony Alpha.

These cameras are so much more suited to the spontaneous photos of kids and pets (without the annoying shutter lag of the point and shoots). Have fun.
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Nope haven't printed any out yet I need to go get some ink.

Thanks for the advice bwalley, thats exactcly what my dad told me I needed to do. I still haven't quite figured out how to set everyting yet, but I should have it down pat here real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    Nope haven't printed any out yet I need to go get some ink.

Thanks for the advice bwalley, thats exactcly what my dad told me I needed to do. I still haven't quite figured out how to set everyting yet, but I should have it down pat here real soon.
    Don't use the automatic settings, learn how to use the manual settings and just shoot a bunch of pictures, you will eventually figure out what works and what doesn't.

You will eventually develop an eye for good pictures, but then your bad shots will irritate the crap out of you because now you will know what a good picture should look like.

Hey your dog needs a bath too, lol, seriously though those are great pictures, you obviously have a feel for this sort of thing.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i think they are great Tiger
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

zach nobody is picking on the guy, he asked for constructive criticsim which is what he is getting.

Once you develop an eye for good photography, it is very easy to see what needs to be done to correct the problem.

He is off to a good start and obviously his father knows what he is doing because he gave him the same advice I did.

Tiger,

Get any good pics for Bret. I'm sure he could use a few more...

I guess I don't have the eye for photography. I liked the second picture. Looks like real life.

those are great tiger enjoy
    If you help others then you are a Success

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast