Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 34
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    803

    seems excessive

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    ... and I myself asked permission to use deadly force on some kid who was letting the air out of my girl friend's tires.
    You wanted to kill a kid for letting the air out of your girl's tires?
    Seems like an overreaction, a little excessive. Couldn't you just rough him up a little?

    Listen, I know how you feel, and maybe you're just spouting off, I am not trying to offend you. Forgive me if I misinterpreted your post.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,445
    I don't believe that shopkeeper's problems are over. I'm quite sure that if the legal system doesn't make his life miserable the friends of the punks will be back - or maybe even both. Either way I'm sure that poor guy is screwed.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    I don't believe that shopkeeper's problems are over. I'm quite sure that if the legal system doesn't make his life miserable the friends of the punks will be back - or maybe even both. Either way I'm sure that poor guy is screwed.
    I'll donate to a legal fund, if he's got one yet.

    Correct, the problems have only just begun.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    I've talked to cops about situations just like this, and I myself asked permission to use deadly force on some kid who was letting the air out of my girl friend's tires.
    g.[/QUOTE]

    Yeah thats really funny,not. Man i could get banned over what i want to write.

    Anyway, good, the reason they didnt leave after one of them was shot is because they thought it was one of their own shooting and they were not concerned. Thats why they continued to harass the other people who worked there, it wasn't until the second person was shot that they realized they were being targeted. Sadly the man didnt kill all 4 in which case there would be no problem.
    If someone points a weapon at you they automatically give up every right they had as a human being,period. Since obviously they consider your rights and the rights of those who depend on you null and void.
    I would begin to think if it were just me, but knowing i have 5 people depending on me to support them i would splash every single one of them and enjoy every second, then take pictures and hang them up outside like they used to do in Dodge City.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,933
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    If someone points a weapon at you they automatically give up every right they had as a human being,period. Since obviously they consider your rights and the rights of those who depend on you null and void.
    This is exactly how I feel on this issue.

    I will respect your right to life and you will respect mine. Point a gun at me or threaten my life or the life of my loved ones, and a lot of trouble is going to start in a short time.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by freezon View Post
    You wanted to kill a kid for letting the air out of your girl's tires?
    Seems like an overreaction, a little excessive. Couldn't you just rough him up a little?

    Listen, I know how you feel, and maybe you're just spouting off, I am not trying to offend you. Forgive me if I misinterpreted your post.
    Nah, I wanted to use force because I knew I was going to catch him. Using a stick or club is deadly force. I have a first degree black belt but I didn't know if he would be armed.

    This little b@st@rd with mental problems
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoi...ality_disorder
    was my girl friend's student and had a habit of letting the air out late on Friday nights.
    I set up a microswitch on a stand under the front suspension. If 1/3 of the air was gone the alarm would go off in the house.
    Sure enough, at 11:30 P.M. the alarm went off. I bolted out of the door [without a weapon] but I think he heard the alarm from inside the house.
    He was gone. Later I realized that he might have climbed under the car.

    When the cops finally got there, they said that letting the air out is not permanent damage and so it is not vandalism.

    After that he'd tip over a huge planter in the front yard, so I staked it to the ground. Eventually she moved, for other reasons.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Man crazy people are just crazy and theres nothing you can do but move or move them.
    Wish i were crazy theres all kinds of crap i really want to do i would get in soooooooooooo much trouble for being of reasonably sound mind.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    803

    Lightbulb

    you're better off with a sec. camera and a restraining order for a mentally ill person. if there is cause to lock the person up, they can usually be put on the appropriate meds. those type of people have no idea what they are doing. If they are not hurting you physically, no reason to inflict bodily harm on them.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,933
    Quote Originally Posted by freezon View Post
    you're better off with a sec. camera and a restraining order for a mentally ill person. if there is cause to lock the person up, they can usually be put on the appropriate meds. those type of people have no idea what they are doing. If they are not hurting you physically, no reason to inflict bodily harm on them.
    I don't buy that excuse. If they 'don't know what they are doing' why do they wait until the middle of the night to do it? Why don't they do it in broad daylight in front of a crowd of people?

    Because they know it's wrong, that's why.

    Now, I don't think that they should be shot for letting the air out of tires or tipping a planter, but knocking the guy around a little, maybe breaking his nose? Different story. That I can go along with. Maybe teach him to stay away. It has worked for me in the past.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by freezon View Post
    you're better off with a sec. camera and a restraining order for a mentally ill person. if there is cause to lock the person up, they can usually be put on the appropriate meds. those type of people have no idea what they are doing. If they are not hurting you physically, no reason to inflict bodily harm on them.
    Restraining order is no more than a piece of paper. Not much protection there.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,933
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Restraining order is no more than a piece of paper. Not much protection there.
    Paper doesn't stop bullets well.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    803
    Yeah, you guys are right.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,829
    Here's one for Freezone. A little off topic but...

    http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...americas-guns/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event