Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Pump-Action Ending

Hard to belive, no charges filed in NYC shooting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32426383...me_and_courts/

Good story but I'm sure someone will file a 'wrongful death ' suit or someone will accuse him of violating the deceased's 'civil rights'.

If it was legal, I'd give the old timer an 1100 Remington.
    Forget all that pumping.

If he had a street sweeper he could probably clean up that whole town.

When the first guy was dropped, I'm surprised they didn't all run.
    I'm also surprised the storekeeper survived these very determined robbers.
    He might still not. . .
    Time to move to witness protection.

It was so good to finally see this happen with no charges filed.

The amazing thing was watching the local news that morning before work: all of the people in that neighborhood, Harlem, interviewed that morning were saying that the robbers got what they deserved. Since the neighborhood is obviously black, and the shopkeeper white, it was nice to see that for once race did not become a factor.

It is unfortunate that one of them lived. As stated above, now he has to worry about civil suits...

Quote Originally Posted by freezon View Post
    now he has to worry about civil suits...
    Nah. . .Clean Hands Doctrine. . ."equity will not permit a party [the robber] to profit by his own wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    Nah. . .Clean Hands Doctrine. . ."equity will not permit a party to profit by his own wrong"
    Normal laws don't apply in this case. Don't forget, it's New York City.

We had something like that happen here. Poor guy got no billed, and found not guilty. Now his problems are only beginning. Google Joe Horn. Sad story

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Normal laws don't apply in this case. Don't forget, it's New York City.

We had something like that happen here. Poor guy got no billed, and found not guilty. Now his problems are only beginning. Google Joe Horn. Sad story
    I Googled Joe Horn, I've read "In the gravest extreme", I've talked to cops about situations just like this, and I myself asked permission to use deadly force on some kid who was letting the air out of my girl friend's tires.
    I'm not an attorney, but I think Joe was very lucky to get off; he broke the law, such as it is.
    Some would say that the life of some people is worth less than any property, but they don't make the law. Not yet.

And in SE DC, not that far from me, people's lives are already worth nothing. Doesn't matter if you're a bystander, either. Bullets are not very discriminating.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    I Googled Joe Horn, I've read "In the gravest extreme", I've talked to cops about situations just like this, and I myself asked permission to use deadly force on some kid who was letting the air out of my girl friend's tires.
    I'm not an attorney, but I think Joe was very lucky to get off; he broke the law, such as it is.
    Some would say that the life of some people is worth less than any property, but they don't make the law. Not yet.
    Legal or not. You pull the trigger, you gotta live with it. Forever is a long time. Hope I'm never put in the position to take another persons life. I would if I had to, but wouldn't like it.

Call me callous and politically incorrect, but I think the old timer should be commended for keeping his head and using the right tool for the job. Nothing works as well as a scattergun for taking out the trash at close range with minimal collateral damage. If he had an autoloader, he might have even finished the job and saved the medical and justice system resources that will be used. My preference is for the Browning Auto5.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillerWisperer View Post
    taking out the trash
    And he wasn't even being paid to take out the trash!

The next visit they pay him won't be for robbery; it will be for revenge. Maybe he should look into better weapons. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast