+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rheem 12 seer condensors

Post Likes
    Three of extremes babies installed for a ungrateful piece of work!Still hasnt paid her tab.

Post Likes
    Nice job. Somebody had a level didn't they.
    Did you get all 3 sets of lines in that downspout?
    Shade ought to give them 1/2 ton more capacity

Post Likes
    EA, go C.O.D. and collect for the good work you have done.
    Read, read, read!

Post Likes
    That is a pretty sight. Level units, level disconnects, neatly done sealtite. I'd hate to think about how some of our boys could have done it

Post Likes

extremeair

The units do look nice and level and the electrical looks great. And I am not trashing your work...just some observation.

Rheem/RUUD state clearly that if units are placed side by side you must maintain a minimun clearance of 24" between them.
    That is directly from there training manuals.
    Their installation manual states also that you must maintain a minimum 12" clearance on 3 sides of the unit.

From the picture the only unit that has close to that is the small onew on the end. The 2 big ones are definately lacking the reccommended clearance.

Hope this helps in the future, and your work looks quality.

Servicepro

Post Likes

Talking clearance....

Rheem/RUUD state clearly that if units are placed side by side you must maintain a minimun clearance of 24" between them.
    That is directly from there training manuals.
    Their installation manual states also that you must maintain a minimum 12" clearance on 3 sides of the unit.
    extremeair and I knew someone would catch this....

We walked around and around this house to find a spot to set these.lol
    We only had to remove three good size shrubs to enable us to use this space. On this job there was simply no clearance to be had. It was here or nowhere...

Post Likes
    The clearance issue could have been worse...It could have been a stack job! Then it wouldn't be in this "pride" section!

Post Likes

Thumbs up Gotta do what you gotta do.

Looks good.
    We've all cut corners when it comes to clearance, because, after all, it's an imperfect world.

Post Likes

Wink clearance

Clearance is a great thing, the correct clearance is always less than what is stated in the manual. The engineers get thier numbers, 14 inches, then add 10 % and state that all specs are +/- 5%. It is at this point that the Rheem techs want to keep absolutly certin that the product will work right in the most adverse conditions, they add 10% and 4.43 inchs additional between units. The legal egaels now get thier turn and figure, "to keep the warranty valid lets add 10 %, and if these specs arn't achieved than we don't have to pay for all those manual high pressure safties". So now 10 inches is, I'll do the math.......... 24 inches. Sorry, I get on a rant when people who have much more education than I do "guess", and over estimate.
    Don't trust every thing you read, and in the same sentence, we have to do it thier way or the factory rep says "bye bye warranty".
    Be good to your fellow man, not nice. There is a difference.

Post Likes
    I think clearance is much more important when as
    the manufactures drawing shows all three sides are real close.
    Especially like an alley way or boxed in area.
    When those unit all run they will create momentarily a "low pressure" zone in between them.
    Nature hates a vacuum and that area will fill rapidly
    and the pressure will equalize. No problem there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in