Stuff you've found Ductwork - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    > Across the street from the job I was at, there was a dead guy wrapped
    around the condensing unit. Police took half the unit as evidence

> Diaper in the intake of a return duct at a movie theater, puffed up to the
    size of a duck

> six foot soil pipe cracker on top of a stud wall

> Snapping turtle in a air cooled chiller at a concrete plant

> Six foot black snake up in the wheel well of a work truck

> Possum in a package system at a residential call

> Nothing but the spiral wire of four 10" flex duct runs, rats had chewed the
    duct down to the wire at concrete plant in a mobile office trailer on a river
    bank
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

[QUOTE=zachhvac;4297312]Duh

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/duck-phobia-2.html[/QUOT

what are you gonna do?
    i was born under a wandrin star.

[QUOTE=stonefly;4303802]
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Ducks im ok with but those chickens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whew they give me the willys.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Last edited by stonefly; 08-25-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: i goofed it up?
    i was born under a wandrin star.

I remember hiding things in the duct in my room as a kid.. Never anything big though, just things like little 2-way radios or something so I could talk to my brother after we went to bed..

Went to a franchise pizza shop with no air in the kitchen.I reached into the diffuser and felt something round and hard.Looked in with my flashlight and it looked like a human skull.When I removed the diffuser it fell to the floor and broke,About ready to call CSI.What it was was pizza dough balls.Seems the help throws the doughballs at the registers to see who can make it in.

I use to hide my beer/ Alcohol when I was in HS in the chimney base clean out
    If you help others then you are a Success

been spending ALOT of time in one building. have asked multipule times for prints, sequence of operation.
    was crawling up and over piping in the machine room, found a complete set of prints AND the job notebooks stuffed between two duct runs

Name:  cantops.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  19.9 KBIf you ever find any old beer/soda cans that required an OPENER to drink from,I'm your guy!

A guy that was installing a furnace here in St. Paul found a virtual "vice alley" of cans, (food too) bottles and related stuff
    from the 40's last year. He made more from the "garbage" than he did the job.

Thars' gold in them vents and walls!

Quote Originally Posted by naysayer View Post
    Whenever I have to pull a dead bird from a duct or a furnace flue pipe the bird will always be an english sparrow. Whats up with that?
    were there any Coconuts with it?
    I used a little PFM to fix it.

Was changing belts and sheaves on a huge air handler in an institutional building with maybe 100 vav's connected to it. my partner was standing next to the fan with the blower compartment door propped open to check operation and his hat got sucked off of his head. it made it through the blower wheel and out into the ductwork. we shut the fan down and checked several of the access hatches and couldn't see it, figured it was gone. about three years later went on a room not cooling call. found the hat, it was bound in one of the vav dampers way out in the building.

One of the other guys from the shop was removing a furnace and found a jar of old coins in the return air. He set it out for the homeowner, who had not come home by the time the worker left.
    I was at the job the next day with the other worker and the owner came in. He looked at the other worker (who is black) and then back at me. The owner thanked me for setting out the coins. He went on about putting them in the return years ago and didn't know how long it might have been before he remembered they'd been stashed there. I told him it was the other guy, pointed to the black man, and said I wasn't there the day before. The owner looked again at the black man, ignored him and continued to thank me for putting the coins out where he could reclaim them. That went on for a while and then the owner left.
    I told the other worker, "If he'd given me a reward I would have split it with you" with a big smile.
    He said back with another big smile, "That's mighty white of you."

We still laugh about that one.

Just got done doing a demo and retro fit at an exelon nuke plant and found several milwaukee's best cans in the return duct.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234