Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down The Matrix

According to Agent Smith, Humans most resemble a "virus".

Quote Originally Posted by coberst View Post
    What does the Cheetah and the human have in common?

Do you think that the human species might extinguish it self within a few centuries?
    Short version: No.

Humans have always depended upon each other for survival, hence the term "Trades". Cheetahs on the other hand lack the social skills to depend on other cheetahs for safety and survival.

The term "Trades" has an old use in our understanding, but it is really inclusive of all the things we hunt and gather for in our lives. Anyone that works provides services to other humans for the exchange for money which then gets traded for protection, food, housing, etc.

Years ago people had to know how set traps, make brick, fell trees, churn butter... These are all still necessary in our lives, we just trade our capacities for them, allowing other to do them for us... Many years ago, swinging a hammer, instead of hitting wood chips with rocks, was a huge technological improvement that not everyone could do... some still can't. Today's technology is no different. We just trade for it and it's use.

Something we have always done.

And when the dust settles, global social interaction, **under the use of common fairness/trade rules will just continue to keep us trading with each other for the things each of us can't do ourselves.

So the main reason we will survive and the cheetah won't (at least not without us): Social interaction.

**Trading with people who don't have the same trade rules, ie: child labour laws, pay equity, etc., as the trader will destroy rather than build.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by gruntly View Post
    Short version: No.

Humans have always depended upon each other for survival, hence the term "Trades". Cheetahs on the other hand lack the social skills to depend on other cheetahs for safety and survival.

The term "Trades" has an old use in our understanding, but it is really inclusive of all the things we hunt and gather for in our lives. Anyone that works provides services to other humans for the exchange for money which then gets traded for protection, food, housing, etc.

Years ago people had to know how set traps, make brick, fell trees, churn butter... These are all still necessary in our lives, we just trade our capacities for them, allowing other to do them for us... Many years ago, swinging a hammer, instead of hitting wood chips with rocks, was a huge technological improvement that not everyone could do... some still can't. Today's technology is no different. We just trade for it and it's use.

Something we have always done.

And when the dust settles, global social interaction, **under the use of common fairness/trade rules will just continue to keep us trading with each other for the things each of us can't do ourselves.

So the main reason we will survive and the cheetah won't (at least not without us): Social interaction.

**Trading with people who don't have the same trade rules, ie: child labour laws, pay equity, etc., as the trader will destroy rather than build.
    Thou hast fallen into thy newb's most inanely set trap. Thou hast answered him and given him credibility.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    LOL! That was my thought, then I looked up post #1.

A quote from "The Sense of Beauty"????????????????

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....32#post4172332

Cut-n-paster without much to say.
    Your a better man than i am, after reading the second i was convinced.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12