+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "I just had it serviced last month!"

Post Likes

"I just had it serviced last month!"

These pictures are from a recent install I helped on. As you can see from the old coil and blower assembly, the old unit was a mess. The customer had a service contract on the unit with another company and they told him it needed to be replaced. We outbid them and won the job. Then we see how good of a job they did servicing it. By the way, the entire coil looked like that other half. The crap just fell off.

Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    somebody's sorrier than shiaaaaaattt

too freekkin' sorry to take the lower door off that carrier a/h and brush or peel that carpet off.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    One word...... Healthy!

Post Likes
    Looks like a 1980 Carrier coil that the return was blocked and only half the coil got air... I mean dirt

Post Likes
    I think somebody was servicing something else....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Just wondering. How old do you think that carrier system was. Are those flare nuts I see connecting the lineset to the coil? I thought only the reeeeeaaaal old ones had those??

Post Likes
    16 years old. That's how old the customer said it was when I asked him. By the way, this is a straight a/c unit. He wanted to go with a heat pump. We ripped out a 5 year old Columbia oil-fired boiler and all the radiators and copper piping. Yeah, quite a haul from this job.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    Actually the suction fitting on carriers was a compression fitting and the liquid was a flare fitting. On the Bryant brand... they were both flare fittings... go figure...... Those old carrier compression fittings used to leak all the time at the evap coils and condenser line set connections.......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in