NAE, LON & York rooftop

Ok, here's the deal: I have a LON network with NAE and few YORK rooftops on it. The aim is to turn the rooftops automatically on/off - depending on certain circumstances, easy right?

Not really... According to what I recieved from YORK, the commands I can send are as following:

0 - HVAC_AUTO
    1 - HVAC_HEAT
    3 - HVAC_COOL
    6 - HVAC_OFF
    8 - HVAC_EMERG_HEAT
    13 - HVAC_AUTO_PROG

But when I try to send a command by NAE, the only commands I can send are:

AUTO
    HEAT
    MORNING WARMUP
    COOL
    and some other basic NAE commands (see attachment NAE1.jpg)

So I tried to enter a value 6 representing HVAC_OFF command through NodeUtil - it went through and the rooftop was set to off mode (see attachment NodeUtil.jpg - you can see in the background that the var_5 has a Off value).

Then I checked what commands are available by a Johnson's LON network commisioning tool called FX CommPro Lon,what I got was quite a number of commands and among them was a "off" command (see attachment CommPro.jpg).
    Of course it worked perfectly when I tried it.

I tried sending with NAE different values to the same var_5 in different rooftops (see attachment NAE2.jpg), as you can see, when the value was 0 - 3 it was ok, but when I tried 4, 5 or 6 I got a write error.

The type of the rooftop board is as following: LON 0006791211 Yklon Board V 3.1-FT10.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Sounds like a SNVT problem. I have not dealt with the York LON specifically, but I know that when ever you integrate LON into an NAE there can be some problems. They have a SNVT Configuration plug-in that is supposed to analyze the SNVT tables of the NAE and the LNS database that is being used and synchronize them. You might give that a try.

Where can I find this plugin?

If you are a Johnson Employee then you can download it from the LON E-Room under plug-ins. Otherwise email me and I will try to send it to you.

The first thing to remeber is that the SVNT(HVAC_MODE) that you are dealing with is a structured SVNT and each value that you see is a bit level of the svnt.
    NAE structure does not see the same as the York Lon.
    You need to identify the svnt values in NAE as to what will match the svnt values in the york. The NAE svnt has a value range of 1-7, as the york value is from -1 to 15.
    Go to www.Lonmark.org and under resources you will find standard svnt under SNVT online.

Lontshooter

The problem was in NAE. It turned out that you can modify the number of states for each variable. The number of states for var_5 was 4. After changing it to 7 I was able to set the rooftops to the off mode through NAE.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

hi ,
    i have to deal with York rooftop . the rooftop board is Yklon Board V 3.1-FT10. i have to read snvt_alarm but i don't know how. if some one have the exact value and the type of alram.

Scorphi,
    Go to the follwoing link and it will help you to indentify the SVNT that use are using, along with the properties.
    http://types.lonmark.org/index.html

This should explain what you need about the alarm point.

Lontshooter

The only file I have recived from YORK is in the attachment. It describes what each variable is for. The names of the variables are not exacly the same as the names I had in downloaded XIF file, but you can get the general idea.

As for the alarms unfortunately I don't have the information what each value mean. I tried to obtain it from YORK but I gave up after few emails. Should you be more lucky please share it with me. Good luck!