+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vancouver Island 2nd year indentureship Needed!

Where ever i hang my hat! Preferably in B.C.
    Post Likes

Vancouver Island 2nd year indentureship Needed!

Hi, I am about to take a 10 month Pre Apprentice course in Hvac starting in September. Anyways, at the end of my course I need work right away as I have a young family etc, and really want to stay on the Island, and don't want to move if at all possible.
    During my course I am willing to work any mornings as my course is in the afternoon.
    My other passion is Videography and Photography, and have made a few safety videos, and am more than happy to also bring all my skills with me.
    I do however want to work in a positive work environment, as I am a Team Player, and that is something very important to me.

I can be reached at parksyboy@me.com
    Darryl

Post Likes
    Is there anyone that works on the island on these boards? Any ideas on how best to line up a job for the end of my course??

Post Likes
    Anyone have any advice on finding an indentureship on the island?

Post Likes
    Is that anywhere close to Nanaimo...I don't know much about BC, but got a bite on a resume from out there...too bad I m about 4 provinces too far away.

Post Likes
    Just an update guys. I am a month into my course. So far so good. A lot of info so far, but I think its sinking in a bit. Anyways yah, still nobody from the island??

Post Likes
    Hey guys. I am officially looking for work experience on the Island. Any Employers need a Friday guy every week?

Post Likes

End of November update

Hey guys, the course is doing great! We are finally hitting the tools a bit more. I decided to invest in some of my own equipment. Bought a recovery unit, vacuum guage and a bunch of more equipment so I can practice in my free time. The course has been pretty hardcore, but it feels like it is really coming together now.
    Anyways I will be looking for someone to do work experience with on Fridays, pretty much anywhere on the island. If you know of anyone on Vancouver Island that may be looking for a a Friday guy let me know. We only need 50 hours, but I am hoping to get some more in if I can.

Thanks Parksy

Post Likes
    My advice to you is go down to your local wholasaler whether it be Andrew sherets, or emco. they tend to have a board with job postings, or drop a sheet of your own with your phone number. in vancouver here its very easy to see whose hiring.

Post Likes
    or check out RSL in Victoria. they usually have a job/resume posting board.

Post Likes
    The job boards around here have nothing on them for work locally...But they still have some for out West...Gateway in AB I think...and somewhere else out there.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 73Stingray View Post
    The job boards around here have nothing on them for work locally...But they still have some for out West...Gateway in AB I think...and somewhere else out there.
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have been to Warner's quite a bit in Nanaimo but I will get down to Victoria to this week maybe. Right now I am just concentrating on getting some work experience for Fridays.

Yet again thanks for the help, really enjoying the course so far.

Post Likes
    I am currently doing work experience on Fridays, and enjoying the last 2 months of my course. Looking forward to getting a job in the industry. Any leads for Mid May let me know.

Post Likes
    just saw this post. couple months late. have you found work. kinda slow right now on Island but as you mentioned Werners is a good spot to look and ask around and put a resume on the board.

Post Likes
    I haven't found work yet, but will be working on my resume's coming up, and hoping to put them out up and down the Island in the next few weeks. My course ends Mid May, so I am hoping to have something lined up for then. Thanks for the idea about posting it at Warners!

Cheers

Post Likes

Stoked!

Less than 2 months left of my Pre-Apprentice Course, then 6 week Gas C ticket course. I am really enjoying the electrical and refrigeration part of the trade right now, and am hoping to get into commercial coming up. Lots to learn though, but I am very excited about getting out and working in the trade soon. All ready started handing out my resume's, and am considering moving off the Island if it means working for a good company that can help me further my studies, while gaining lots of experience.

Anyways I will see you all out in the field shortly!

Parksy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in