Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    He did not pay shiat considering the hell he put those creatures through.
    He lost a 130 Million Dollar contract and went to prison, what else do you want??

I am not condoning what Vick did but, Pit Bulls are bred to fight and are a useless breed of dog anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Pit Bulls are bred to fight and are a useless breed of dog anyway.
    wrong on both points

One of the more loyal dogs you can own

they can potentially be dangerous also, if raised that way, those are the only ones you here about.

none of those dogs deserved the abuse they got either way, read up on what was done to these dogs before you give the guy a pass, it was more than just fighting them

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    wrong on both points

One of the more loyal dogs you can own

they can potentially be dangerous also, if raised that way, those are the only ones you here about.

none of those dogs deserved the abuse they got either way, read up on what was done to these dogs before you give the guy a pass, it was more than just fighting them
    Where did Pit Bull's get their name from?

Pit Bulls are a dangerous breed, much of it is due to the way they were bred and raised.

Many counties have outlawed ownership of them and many insurance companies will not give you Homeowners Insurance if you have a pit bull.

Unfortunately much of this is brought on by the rednecks and gangsta wannabe's that own them.

Any pit bulls that show up on my propery will be shot and buried, I won livestock, so i can legally shoot any animal that endangers my livestock.

I am not giving the guy a pass, he served prison time for mistreatment of a breed of dog that should be exterminated, he did more prison time for what he did than a white teacher who ran over a couple of black kids and kept on going because she was "Scared" to stop, BTW She didn't spend 1 day in jail.

I am not condoning what Vick did but, Pit Bulls are bred to fight and are a useless breed of dog anyway.
    #1 Your statement contradicts itself.
    It shouldn't matter what breed of dog he tortured and killed for years on end.

#2 You are also very wrong about the breed. It is the OWNER and indiscriminate Breeders that makes them mean and teach them to fight.

Do you think the dogs bought themselves tread mills to run on, and heavy chains to wrap around their necks and drag,and then beat themselves,and then after that forced themselves to go fight other dogs until one or both are dead or injured so badly they soon will be dead?

They are very loyal, intelligent ,loving and protective.What part of that is bad and or "Useless"?
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC9900 View Post
    #1 Your statement contradicts itself.
    It shouldn't matter what breed of dog he tortured and killed for years on end.

#2 You are also very wrong about the breed. It is the OWNER and indiscriminate Breeders that makes them mean and teach them to fight.

Do you think the dogs bought themselves tread mills to run on, and heavy chains to wrap around their necks and drag,and then beat themselves,and then after that forced themselves to go fight other dogs until one or both are dead or injured so badly they soon will be dead?

They are very loyal, intelligent ,loving and protective.What part of that is bad and or "Useless"?
    Many of these loyal, loving, protective dogs have mauled and even killed kids.

My friends daughter was attacked by a pit bull, it mauled her face, the owner of the dog said it never hurt anyone before and it was a good dog, later it was found out this dog had attacked a kid before.

Sarah was in her uncles yard when the dog came after her and attacked her, it was a totally unprovoked attack.

I had a pit bull come onto my property and when I went to run it off, it growled at me and became aggressive, bad move on its part, sudden death from lead poisoning.

The only good pit bull is a dead pit bull.

Can you tell me what the breed was bred for and what "PIT" in the name pit bull means, or where that part of the name was derived from?

BTW I am in Plant City, it doesn't get anymore red neck than here.

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    Similar career numbers:

Ken Stabler: 75.3
    Vinny Testeverde: 75.0
    Phil Simms: 78.5
    John Elway: 79.9
    Johnny Unitas: 78.2

Not bad company there
    There is a big difference though. When these guys started their careers it was much more of a balanced attack. Today it is much more pass oriented. You can look at just about any starting NFL quarterback and more than likely his rating is in the mid to high 80's. Even Mark Bulger who plays for the lowly St.louis Rams has a passing rating of 85.6.

Many of these loyal, loving, protective dogs have mauled and even killed kids.

My friends daughter was attacked by a pit bull, it mauled her face, the owner of the dog said it never hurt anyone before and it was a good dog, later it was found out this dog had attacked a kid before.

Sarah was in her uncles yard when the dog came after her and attacked her, it was a totally unprovoked attack.

I had a pit bull come onto my property and when I went to run it off, it growled at me and became aggressive, bad move on its part, sudden death from lead poisoning.

The only good pit bull is a dead pit bull.

an you tell me what the breed was bred for and what "PIT" in the name pit bull means, or where that part of the name was derived from?

BTW I am in Plant City, it doesn't get anymore red neck than here.
    Yes, the name pit bull is generically applied to fighting dogs.
    This is from the american humane society facts sheet on dog bites:
    "The pit bull is a type of dog bred for fighting, not a specific breed. Responsibly bred and owned, the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier -- often referred to as pit bulls -- are not fighting dogs."

The point is further made that "Pit Bull Type" is often used when reports are made when there is a bite/attack. Very unspecific term that is generically and incorrectly applied.So the "statistics" about bites and attacks are false and misleading.

Again, refer to what was said earlier- bad owners and breeders.There are millions of the breed in the US, the ones that cause problems are a small percentage.
    Your previous posts speak to the punishment fitting the crime for Vick. Logic would dictate that dogs would receive equal consideration.
    GO DAWGS!

He lost a 130 Million Dollar contract and went to prison, what else do you want??

His ass. If you had any regard for those of god's creatures you would not give him a pass. Pit bulls are not by nature a mean animal. It's Idiots that raise them poorly
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

His ass. If you had any regard for those of god's creatures you would not give him a pass. Pit bulls are not by nature a mean animal. It's Idiots that raise them poorly
    I am not giving him a pass, but if I was the judge, I doubt I would have put him in prison.

I probably would have gave him probation and made him do community service and left space in prison for the real criminals.

You sound like a PETA member.

A dog is just a dog, they are not to be abused, but they are still just an animal, people are more important than animals.

Are you a vegan?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cool View Post
    There is a big difference though. When these guys started their careers it was much more of a balanced attack. Today it is much more pass oriented. You can look at just about any starting NFL quarterback and more than likely his rating is in the mid to high 80's. Even Mark Bulger who plays for the lowly St.louis Rams has a passing rating of 85.6.
    so, if we go by passer rating alone, Byron Leftwich at 80.3 is a better quarterback than Eli Manning at 76.1? Somebody should tell the Giants becaused they just paid Eli a ton of money, they could have gotten Leftwich much cheaper, and since his passer rating is higher, he must be a better quarterback, right?
    Passer rating is calculated using four statistics: Completion percentage, average yards gained per attempt, percentage of touchdowns per attempt, and percentage of interceptions per attempt. It does not provide a full picture of a quarterback's abilities or performance, just as a passer.
    The Eagles did not sign Vick to compete with McNabb for the starting QB position. He will be used in the wildcat formation and at the slot to create mis-matches and as a decoy. He makes the offense more explosive and unpredictable. His passer rating doesn't really matter in those situations. I think signing Vick was a good move by the Eagles. I am not going to go out and buy a No. 7 jersey, but I am looking forward to watching him play.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

-- William Ernest Henley

I am not giving him a pass, but if I was the judge, I doubt I would have put him in prison.

I probably would have gave him probation and made him do community service and left space in prison for the real criminals.

You sound like a PETA member.

A dog is just a dog, they are not to be abused, but they are still just an animal, people are more important than animals.

Are you a vegan?

I am a member of peta ( people eating tasty animals ) I have met many animals I like and trust over people.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I am a member of peta ( people eating tasty animals ) I have met many animals I like and trust over people.
    Me 2.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Edward Abbey, my favorite author said

I'm a humanist; I'd rather kill a man than a snake.
    If yer ever bored, google Edward Abbey Quotes. I think you'd agree he is one of the most quotable men [rarely quoted] Ive ever known. Heres my #1.

Quote by Edward Abbey

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government --and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws.
    http://thinkexist.com/quotes/edward_abbey/
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast