Thread: r410a to r22

Post Likes

r410a to r22

What would it take to convert a r410a system to r22? Lets assume this is a brand new installed unit that requires 410a but has never been charged. Just curious.

Post Likes
    Lets assume this is a brand new installed unit that requires 410a but has never been charged. Just curious.
    It would come pre-charged with 410a, even if it didn't, you still can't do it.

Post Likes
    R410A and R22 use different oils, metering devices and compressors; the answer is no.

Out of curiousity why do you want to convert a brand new unit? If you desire R22, use an R22 unit.
    I've discovered a natural law - everything gets progressively worse. Things only break down and become depleted. Life isn't worth living and everything is going to hell.

Death is the messiah. Everything else is irrelevant and arbitrary.

Post Likes
    I build rental houses periodically (would rather stay with r22 and was thinking post phase out when parts were available but no complete r22 system. So could this be accomplished with a compressor and txv changeout or are other parts involved. This is all hypothetical.

Post Likes
    I don't know if anyone has tried it; no decent tech in the right would be willing to do it for a customer.

(would rather stay with r22 and was thinking post phase out when parts were available but no complete r22 system
    Why? http://www51.honeywell.com/sm/410a/myths.html
    I've discovered a natural law - everything gets progressively worse. Things only break down and become depleted. Life isn't worth living and everything is going to hell.

Death is the messiah. Everything else is irrelevant and arbitrary.

Post Likes
    You would be alot cheaper off either just swapping out the 410A and putting a R-22 in it's place or selling one and buying the R-22. It's too much work to make it worth having done and would in effect be a waste of your's and the contractors time to mess with. Besides I don't think this qualifys for a hypothetical question.

Post Likes
    Easy cheap way.
    Buy a R22 unit.

By the time you did all the part change outs to make it work with R22. An R410A system would be cheaper.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?