Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The ISN product line was scraped as of march 2006 and everybody who was involved either quit or left.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Are you having a particular problem with the slide valve?
    No, not right now but the customer says they have in the past. Just wanted to be a step ahead.

So by the sounds of it, you can not get any service manuals or tech support on York machines anymore?

you can get the literature and tech support for york equipment, just not the york controls line (ISN)

the slide valve in the YS is not considered a field serviceable item

york screw

Deno77,

I was searching for info. on YR slide valve unloading issues and your thread was the only one that looks to be related. Do you know of any YR unloading issues? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

i know of a service letter that explains trouble shooting of it but you need to apply for pro member ship when you get your posts up. There are to many safety issues with slide valves they for the most part are not field service able

Quote Originally Posted by deno77 View Post
    there is a check out procedure and some repair kits out to repair the unloading issue i have a hard copy of it i will look for a digital copy and btw i am jci dont throw us all under the bus
    Would you be kind enough to send me a copy of the slide valve bulletin. I have tried all my Canadian and American contacts with no success. York acknoledges the bulletin exists but gives the old run around. I currently have two chillers in question and would like to try the "fix" before replacing the compressors. My email is wcolledge@cogeco.ca.

what is the model number of the chiller or chillers in question?

Quote Originally Posted by deno77 View Post
    what is the model number of the chiller or chillers in question?
    Chiller Model No. YCAS0200EC58XFA

Compressor No. DXS45LA58

This is the critical one presently.

Quote Originally Posted by alc View Post
    No, not right now but the customer says they have in the past. Just wanted to be a step ahead.

So by the sounds of it, you can not get any service manuals or tech support on York machines anymore?
    Let us know the compressor model, being a S2 it might be a TDSH 193S, what is the problem your costumer has experienced, not calibrated? unit not starting due to slide valve position? Noise?

Quote Originally Posted by alc View Post
    Starting service work on a mn: yscadas2-chas York chiller. Does anybody have any service lititure for these machines? JCI is no help of course. Rebuild instructions for the slide valve would also be helpful. My e-mail is in my profile. Thanks.
    If you have completely ruled out everything external the only solution is to send the compressor off to the factory. If the unit is close to 50k hours it needs to go there anyway. I have tried to get the manuals to go into these compressors and there is no way to get the info. The only ones that have access to it are the systems engineers in PA. and the Frick engineers, and the guys at the rebuild shop. The field tech's don't get them.

You got it.

Quote Originally Posted by hw chiller man View Post
    Chiller Model No. YCAS0200EC58XFA

Compressor No. DXS45LA58

This is the critical one presently.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yorktek37 View Post
    If you have completely ruled out everything external the only solution is to send the compressor off to the factory. If the unit is close to 50k hours it needs to go there anyway. I have tried to get the manuals to go into these compressors and there is no way to get the info. The only ones that have access to it are the systems engineers in PA. and the Frick engineers, and the guys at the rebuild shop. The field tech's don't get them.
    We had a constant problem with a YS with an S0 compressor that will sometimes get erratic at loading or give us problems starting due to slide valve position. We tore it down to do a full bearing change ( it had way more than 60k hours ) and found a wore down slide valve spindle, the spring was "rubbing" with the spindle an it wore it down causing a failure of the seal ring on the cylinder cover thus letting the oil scape. We sent it to a machine shop and problem solved no more loading problems. So if everything checks out and your compressor has too many hours and has slide valve problems, this might be it. Did this once might never do it again, better to get a new one or get it factory serviced, special tools needed and the spring is a royal pain. Can get hurt easy. 10 moths today since rebuild and no problems

We have also heard of cases where DXS 45 compressors on YCAS units breaks the slide valve spring thus not unloading propperly. Generating High amps shutdowns. As of our knowledge no way of fixing it, must get a new compressor, at least thats what "they" told us.

ISN]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast