Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Static pressure on infinity control

What is a good pressure on the control? I have a 4 ton unit. It is a carrier split system with a 96 gas furnace o infinity control.

Quote Originally Posted by wormie1205 View Post
    What is a good pressure on the control? I have a 4 ton unit. It is a carrier split system with a 96 gas furnace o infinity control.
    Below 0.7 even with a dirty filter.

Thanks

My static pressure in high is around 0.66. Guess I'm OK

Helping pressure

what should I do to improve the pressure?

Hmm A Few of many Air Flow Optimization Hints

Smooth duct transitions are nice to the air.
    Kinks can sometimes be easily eliminated.

Use manufacturers WYE's instead of on-site fabricated junctions made from insulating board (a.k.a. duct board).

Record overall static pressure with a NEW filter (hopefully about 0.5") and when the pressure is increased by about 0.2" (0.7" total), it is time to replace the filter.

Do not use higher than a MERV 8 1" pleated filter. MERV 6 is sufficient.

Or use a 5" filter so that filter replacement is less frequent ( perhaps annually with 5") and initial resistance is minimal.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

wierd system

This system had a temp of 68 in one room, and 71 in all the rest. That one room is the biggest in the house with 3 vents and around 670 sq ft. Strange system.

Strange but good. Have a tech come out and measure the static supply side vs. return. It the return is restrictive, add more filtration or ducting according to need. If high on supply side then add ducting refinements to lower it a bit.

Once you have it perfected or even if you leave it as is, you still have room to adjust dampers to balance the airflow. Airflow adjustment will increase the static and could create noise issues if the static is to high.

You may have enough room to balance the airflow without changes so you will need a good tech that has experience with this. I assume you have a 4" filter but if not I'd add it regardless.

Thumbs up Money and time will solve it !

This system had a temp of 68 in one room, and 71 in all the rest. That one room is the biggest in the house with 3 vents and around 670 sq ft. Strange system.
    If you want 1'F variance throughout the house, call and pay $,$$$. to an air balan$er.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    That's the orignal duct system ,not the equipment!

It can be corrected.

There's no need to reduce static unless it's over limits or you're planning to rework your ducting for some reason.

Just remember to replace your filter when it's dirty.

Large ducts

The 3 vents to the large room are 8 inch and the rest of the house are 6 except for the large great room upstairs. it has 10 inch split into 3 upstairs.

infinity thermostat

Does anyone have any idea what operating system thie unit uses to control itself? windows, linux, etc?

Most things like this use a version of linux. Not sure though but not MS for sure. You planning on hacking into it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast