copper lineset replacement

Angry copper lineset replacement

has anybody ever replaced a copper lineset between the reach in and the cond unit in a resturaunt that is in a pvc tube acting as chase ? i dont know exactly what they call the chase but i have never had the pleasure. how hard is it? will it make me like this=

Never ran it in this application, but did run lines for large tonnage AC in pvc, was not fun mainly because it required two 90Deg els on each end.
    Oversized the pvc pipe considerably to give enough room. Suggest you try to keep joints out of it except at the ends if possible.

How long of a run is it?
    GO DAWGS!

i dont know , about 45 feet.

no resturaunt techs out there?

hvac why did you need to put in pvc? was it exposed ceiling ?

the chase is just decorative. had the same issue with a remote ice machine. l i left just enough for show,otherwise it would take a long time.

had one under counter reach in that was ran in pvc in the floor it was a monster to pull a new line set thou mad my face do this

they are frustrating arent they

I have done it a few times...it can be a pain. One of the most important things you will need to remember is to ensure that your ends are sealed before you send them thru that chase. (IE..by soldering them closed or cap and tape the ends) The next thing you must ensure is that you leave NO joints in the chase; because you may not be the next one to work on it.

There are three reasons, I believe that locations have used PVC chases in my experience - one is the one discussed already - that being asthetic.

Secondly, is the need to prevent moisture buildup or similar things happening when or if lines are inside walls or overhead. For example if the insulation you use for the suction line were over time deteriorate then whatever moisture would leak from them would - theoretically stay within the PVC.

Finally is the need to protect the lines from the surrounding area that the lines are being run. I have installed lines under the water table and had the lines encased in PVC surrounded by a fire proof foam until the exited the areas that needed protection.
    Hope that helps some! Good luck!
    B-

Anything is possible with God

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency - F. Leghorn

Ain't I a stinker - B. Bunny

\m/ (>.<) \m/ ROCK HARD!!