Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

11 years in the trade. Not much time, relatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    why isn't freezon a professional member?

is he not actually in the trade???
    I was so offended by this comment that I just spent 2 hours getting my "all-in-one" printer/scanner to communicate with my Mac; so that I could finally apply for the pro membership status.

Thanks for the kick in the ass, beachtech.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I've never been "bant" (stupid way to post this word), but I have been "banned". The reasons are because others just refuse to see things the way they should be seen.......MY WAY!
    Spoken like a true robonuts, man ive been so wanting to use that.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by freezon View Post
    I was so offended by this comment that I just spent 2 hours getting my "all-in-one" printer/scanner to communicate with my Mac; so that I could finally apply for the pro membership status.

Thanks for the kick in the ass, beachtech.
    anytime
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I have 40 years in the trade under my belt and I’m a little offended by the whole credential idea. There are young kids in my shop that have all the credentials, but I would never ever call them a professional. They managed to memorize the questions on the test and got a certificate. It only takes one job to figure out that they have no understanding at all of what they are are doing. They have been lucky so far that I have been around to bail them out.

My boss who is a manager and by no means a tradesman thinks they are so great, but he has no clue as to what they do. When I voice my concern about these guys, his only response is that it’s my job to make them professionals. I’ll probably be dead and buried before that ever happens, at least with these two. I’ve been tasked with the job of teaching many a new guy over the years and some have it and some don’t.

I keep telling my boss that I should be the one interviewing these guys, because when you’re talking about stuff that I know, I know BS when I hear it.

Sorry, I just had to put my 2cents in. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    The use of the pronoun "you" was not directed towards any one individual. The word "you" was used in a collective application that encompasses all of us..
    The proper term around these parts would be "y'all"...
    "If you call that hard work, a koalas life would look heroic."

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Testo... you guys rule!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB60 View Post
    I have 40 years in the trade under my belt and Im a little offended by the whole credential idea. There are young kids in my shop that have all the credentials, but I would never ever call them a professional. They managed to memorize the questions on the test and got a certificate. It only takes one job to figure out that they have no understanding at all of what they are are doing............................................. ........................ I know BS when I hear it.

It's hard to BS a BS'er.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I've never been "bant" (stupid way to post this word), but I have been "banned". The reasons are because others just refuse to see things the way they should be seen.......MY WAY!

I agreed with you once and still ended up arguing with myself!

Does being close to bant count?
    Tracers work both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB60 View Post
    I have 40 years in the trade under my belt and Im a little offended by the whole credential idea. There are young kids in my shop that have all the credentials, but I would never ever call them a professional. They managed to memorize the questions on the test and got a certificate. It only takes one job to figure out that they have no understanding at all of what they are are doing. They have been lucky so far that I have been around to bail them out.

My boss who is a manager and by no means a tradesman thinks they are so great, but he has no clue as to what they do. When I voice my concern about these guys, his only response is that its my job to make them professionals. Ill probably be dead and buried before that ever happens, at least with these two. Ive been tasked with the job of teaching many a new guy over the years and some have it and some dont.

I keep telling my boss that I should be the one interviewing these guys, because when youre talking about stuff that I know, I know BS when I hear it.

Ah, but here in internet land how can anyone tell anything at all about you if you don't supply some 'credentials'?

(don't listen to the membership committee members that solicit for bribes, it's actually the ARP Committee that needs the beer and such in order to approve a professional membership!)
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    Simple answer. They forgot the rules they agreed to when they joined. Moderators are pretty tolerant but they draw the line when necessary. They will politely and quietly spank you if you get out of line. But then, after a time out, all is forgiven, unless you continue and then you get to find another outlet for your verbal intercourse.

I was always taught that word was discourse. My bad!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Ah, but here in internet land how can anyone tell anything at all about you if you don't supply some 'credentials'?

(don't listen to the membership committee members that solicit for bribes, it's actually the ARP Committee that needs the beer and such in order to approve a professional membership!)
    You are absolutely right! Ill shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post

(don't listen to the membership committee members that solicit for bribes, it's actually the Educational Committee Committee that needs the beer and such in order to approve a professional membership!)
    Thanks mrs reb
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

For what it's worth, unless you are a spammer, it's pretty hard to get banned here anyway. We go to great lengths to straighten you up first.

Occasionally we do take a bribe, Oh yea (member name deleted) my dad loves his G.R.Sponaugle hat, they didn't have those there 35 years ago when he worked there...........

See........one big happy family!

Bribes...

Are you guys sure you're not from NYC?

I'll gladly send anyone $100 who can speed up my prof. membership application...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast