Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    So much material so little time, plus im trying to be good.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Great DW hows it working?, much practical advice about how to survive IRS audits, sales tax audits, self employment tax, what are the red flag areas, are we making a profit or chasing our tail like most small businesses, sending large checks to your favorite parts house (have we audited parts on consignmnet from your local parts house?), did you sell what your are being billed for or are we paying what they ask because we dont know the difference?, paying much in 941 penalties etc.. (BTW, I just helped an HVAC owner beat back a parts house owner that could not verify their billing claims of an additional 10 K after receiving 60K that matched with invoices)

I love the little guy and the entreprenuer (I am one!), but my guess is most folks dont get the guidance they could use in these areas or dont know they exist. Dangler, if yu got it all together you are one of the lucky ones. and maybe my offer too help is preaching to the choir. My experience tells me not for the average guy. They are settling with the parts houses for whats owed (?) and have no real clue if the are profitable and operate on a 30-60-90- day cycle and then concede or change vendors.

My comments are made in "love" because I know how tough it is to run your own business. If I am preaching to the choir, then forgive me. I will continue to learn from the posts on this forum,while sorting through the "i deleted your pricing", and "read the rules" blah, blah, blah.

If this forum had contributions from successful entrprenuers that had been there and done that and responded in a way that didnt always say "wel... whats the SH, SC, etc..call a pro.. there would be alot more guys called boss, not "hey you" and "gofor".

The crux of the issue is very few folks like me are willing to share that information and many of the "middle of the roaders" want to keep it that way.

REMEMBER, I GREW UP THE SON OF A TRADESMAN.

Twilli says you did't tell Twilli how you liked the "one liner". Twilli's dad HVAC guy too, Twilli son of HVAC man. Some say Twilli Son of an Biatch. Twilli much many knowledges to share as well
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

he hasn't even seen sarcasm yat. mrbill hasn't been around for a lil while
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

twilli you and I on same page........

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity Aire View Post
    Great DW hows it working?, much practical advice about how to survive IRS audits, sales tax audits, self employment tax, what are the red flag areas, are we making a profit or chasing our tail like most small businesses, sending large checks to your favorite parts house (have we audited parts on consignmnet from your local parts house?), did you sell what your are being billed for or are we paying what they ask because we dont know the difference?, paying much in 941 penalties etc.. (BTW, I just helped an HVAC owner beat back a parts house owner that could not verify their billing claims of an additional 10 K after receiving 60K that matched with invoices)

I love the little guy and the entreprenuer (I am one!), but my guess is most folks dont get the guidance they could use in these areas or dont know they exist. Dangler, if yu got it all together you are one of the lucky ones. and maybe my offer too help is preaching to the choir. My experience tells me not for the average guy. They are settling with the parts houses for whats owed (?) and have no real clue if the are profitable and operate on a 30-60-90- day cycle and then concede or change vendors.

My comments are made in "love" because I know how tough it is to run your own business. If I am preaching to the choir, then forgive me. I will continue to learn from the posts on this forum,while sorting through the "i deleted your pricing", and "read the rules" blah, blah, blah.

If this forum had contributions from successful entrprenuers that had been there and done that and responded in a way that didnt always say "wel... whats the SH, SC, etc..call a pro.. there would be alot more guys called boss, not "hey you" and "gofor".

The crux of the issue is very few folks like me are willing to share that information and many of the "middle of the roaders" want to keep it that way.

REMEMBER, I GREW UP THE SON OF A TRADESMAN.
    Nothing I care to discuss in the open forums. But, I do OK.
    If memory serves me, it takes 30 posts to be eligible for B & M.

Nothing personal DW, sometimes ok is good enough, glad your there.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity Aire View Post
    Nothing personal DW, sometimes ok is good enough, glad your there.
    I didn't take anything personal. Relax.

I hope "glad your there" infers I am relaxed...........

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Nothing I care to discuss in the open forums. But, I do OK.
    If memory serves me, it takes 30 posts to be eligible for B & M.
    Bowel movement?

I will listen to anybody, but what i could really use is a few mill to set me up right. Im open to negotiable an interest rate.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

zach, be good, what is up with that ? JK (BTW, I have never met zach)

There has to be some kind of order (rules), enforced by the mods, to this "adventure". The idea, as I understand it is to provide a "public" information base at a level that doesn't get any "DIY'er" into deep trouble (sparks, flames, fire explosions, near-death, etc.) while still allowing input of a technical nature. My view is that just about everyone that "skulks" around for a while then decides to sign on has an understanding of what this place is about.

I have seen it get a bit rough in my short time here but I just can't seem to stay away, not that I want to anyway.

Integrity Aire, I suspect there are Loads of people here that would like to benefit from your expertise and in turn provide you with the information you want to aquire. But, as I said, there are Rules. I have been busted a time or 2 by the mods as I should have been.

I have to remind myself, frequently, that since I can't see or hear the posters I have to take it lightly and glean what I can.

Hope to gather some wisdom from all of the people that have contributed on this thread..................including Twilli, he was on the cover of a magizine you know !

AIGF (All in good fun)
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says you did't tell Twilli how you liked the "one liner". Twilli's dad HVAC guy too, Twilli son of HVAC man. Some say Twilli Son of an Biatch. Twilli much many knowledges to share as well
    I see this man servicing old coal / oil conversions , maybe a rich folks mansion with an old vapor system and smacking the boiler return trap with a hammer to " make it act right ". Piels cans , Redman sacks. A jug of " Hot Shot " made him a local hero , lol. No offense intended...cause I'd love to be like that for real.

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    There is no documented proof that sarcasm exists. Sarcasm is a philosophical concept.
    True, but some also treat sarcasm as a religion
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast