Honeywell 6000 versus 8000 for 2 stage thermostat application

I'm trying to decide on a thermostat for a new Amana AMV80 and ASX18 system. I'm looking at the 2-stage capable Honeywell 6000 and 8000 series models but was wondering if there was a difference in how they handle 2 stage heating and cooling. I know the 8000 is "smart" and I think the 6000 is as well, but wanted to make sure. With the 6000 I will loose Circ mode and summer humidity control, but will I loose any 2 stage intelligence?

Also, I assume that my AMV80 and ASX18 will be able to take advantage of tstat controlled staging. Is this a good assumption? I would like to stay in first stage heating and cooling when that is all that is necessary, and want to avoid a timed stage control.

Thanks for any help. I am working with a pro on this, but not sure he is as concerned as I am about the staging issue.

Get the Honeywell IAQ thermostat instead(YTH9421).
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Get the Honeywell IAQ thermostat instead(YTH9421).
    Does the IAQ handle 2 stage heating/cooling any differently than the 6000 or 8000 series (perhaps more configurable?). I don't need it for any external humidifier control or filtration systems. That said, the 3 wires to the t-stat design might be required as I believe I only have 5 or 6 wires going to my current t-stat. Not sure exactly how many I will need to control both 2 stage heating and cooling but I can probably figure that out.

The IAQ can slow the blower down to control humidity better.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?