New fan, new capacitor, new contactor, still problems

After generic (Heil) condenser overheating capacitor, I replaced Cap 36uF, 3uF 370V with a 36uF,3uF,440V, but fan made a terrible noise, so I replaced the fan w/OEM fan motor. Still made noise, but after hitting contactor, everything ran quiet and the compressor started OK. I let it run for 4 hours; no overheating, no problems, and the house cooled down 10 degrees, but I knew I still had a problem. This morning I replaced the contactor block, but the fan noise still happening, only this time I can't stop it by hitting contactor block. The motor begins to heat up very quickly after about 1 min.
    Could this be from the extra V setting on the cap.? Do I need to recheck all my connections (again)?

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldScottster View Post
    Could this be from the extra V setting on the cap.?
    No

Any other ideas? Could the capacitor be bad? Since I didn't change the first fan immediately, could it have damaged the capacitor. I don't have the expertise to check running amps, volts, etc, but it sure seems the fan is not getting enough power

Any other ideas? Could the capacitor be bad? Since I didn't change the first fan immediately, could it have damaged the capacitor. I don't have the expertise to check running amps, volts, etc, but it sure seems the fan is not getting enough power
    Sorry, but the moderator will likely tell you that you need to join the pro forum to get a more detailed answer to your question.

The only thing I can say is double check everything. You didn't by chance jumper the 36uF tap to the fan and the 3 uF to the compressor?

You need to call a pro before you get your self hurt or killed.

I've got one last thing to replace; the fan blade. Another person told me the hub could have been damaged by the overheated fan motor. The noise definitely comes from the fan and sounds like the blade. I just assumed it was OK. I'll post the results.

keep on scooter............you get it rebuilt

change enough parts and you might get it fixed

did you bother to read the RULES
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I'll post the results.
    Sounds good....we like results....
    I need a new signature.....

What does the noise sound like? Maybe you should get us a video. If it's a pleasant noise you could just leave it (crickets?) or if it's got a beat maybe neighborhood kids can dance to it...

Seriously, you haven't a clue what you are doing and may have made yourself a much more expensive proposition for a pro!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

No Do-It-Yourself here.

Thread closed.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186644
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

They can post them somewhere else, not here.

Rules...............