Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

out with the twins

Big old house, had twin GEs, in horrid condition. Been trying to get him to boot them for years. Finally fan motor went out of one and the tech finally did. But they ran with 1 furnace and blower for a month in some cold weather. Had a 1" 16x25 above the old water wash EAC. 2 2.5 ton A/Cs in the plenum.

Old furnaces 108K 3 ton drive each

Metal design was my doings, had the "drop" made then installers ran the ducts to the furnace. Would have preferred 2 bears but wasn't sure how to do it neatly and without taking up much more room. We is moving some good air anyway. Airflow out of the registers is stronger than with the twins.

Tappan 95% 2 stage variable speed blower 120K

Using IAQ to control the 2 stage heat and also am staging the A/C bring 1 on first and the other as 2nd stage just to see how that works at making the temps more even.

Great Looking Job, Loonie! I'm hearing really good things about the Tappan G7 furnace product line. What does your customer think of his new unit?

It's a shame the coil didn't get replaced. Looks great.

I don't understand how that old system worked, can you explain this? I've never seen anything like that before.

Water wash EAC. Saw one a few years ago. I liked it because I hated toting out EAC cells to wash. I think all I had to do was open a valve for a few minutes and I was done.

It also had a mold pit (solar tank) in the basement.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

They have 2 cooling systems. 1 is a 8 SEER Bryant, appears to be on the original GE coil. Other is a 10 SEER A-S we put in about 10 years ago. Both work fine. Guys is tighter than a tick, obviously, look how long he put up with this s#$#. Both furnaces came on together, both A/Cs.

What I was getting at was that thing that's connected to the old return drop...water wash EAC? What is that?

Just like milk man said, easy to rinse off. Turn on the valve, water pours over the cells, down the drain. Turn it off and they are washed. If there are smokers, won't do much good, that takes a good acid bath.

How were the two A/c units put on a single furnace?
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Just out of courisity..how'd ya hold up that old coil in place while you put all that fancy stuff under it?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

depending on how the coil is set in the box, i usually just cut some "s"'s and use the screw holes on the coil to tack it up to solid piece of duct internaly.

Nice job, Like all the pretty metal! Water wash eac's were ok but the prefilters in them were a pain to get out

nice looking work,i've also never seen a water washed EAC....it;s a shame nordyne changed the design of their furnaces i guess to get lower height and now flue pipe comes out side,instead of both out the top like old unit design,.....i always hated the side discharge flue pipe,seemed like it made alot of jobs tight fit if not impossible sometimes to go with 90 furnace.....one of main reasons why i liked nordyne when they came out along with control board in cabinet not blower compartment and screws that secured doors along with the furnace not using cabinet to seal combustion air intake to name a few that i really liked in nordyne's old designed furnaces.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    How were the two A/c units put on a single furnace?
    Looks like the coils are side by side,tapered down to the new furnace in the center of the two coils.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast