Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i have had...

so this is what they call the dog days of summer,.....get 2 calls this afternoon,one place has big st. bernard....other has pitt-bull.....declined st. bernard home......pit-bull home promised to have him locked in back room....residential sucks sometimes,been doing this quite a few years now and can never remember so many issues with large dogs on calls....people say "oh,he won't hurt you if i'm there",my experience is dogs are usually more protective of their owners when strangers come around them.

jus give em the ol crocodile dundee-look at em like you're crazy and start hummin (then smack em across the nose with the piece of copper pipe you have behind your back)
    Da Threadkilla

Twilli dog whisperer
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

If you every get bit by a dog, force the part of your body that was bit FORWARD towards the dogs head.

I know this sounds backwards, and it goes against the natural reaction.

BUT when you pull forward it allows a dogs jaw to lock and actually do more damage, if you push forward it forces them to open their mouth, and gives you an advantage. (can also really hurt the dog, but in this situation, i doubt thats a big concern).

All of that said, I am a dog lover through and through, but got a nasty bite and some stitches.

I've been attack about three times over the years.I have to agree with you moflo they are even worse when the owner are around.

I will no longer go into a yard are a home unless they have the dog put away and i'm sure he not getting out.
    Love dogs and would hate to have to hurt one again.Its not a good feelin.

I do carry a box of big chewy dog bones in the truck.I toss one to them and they run off with it and forget all about me.After eating it i find they spend more time trying to get it off their teeth then worrying about me.That for the dogs next door.

"After eating it i find they spend more time trying to get it off their teeth "

After I read this, I thought you were saying that after you ate one of the dog bones, you came to the realization that they are spending the time trying to get bone off their teeth. Haha

I never thought about carrying around dog bones/biscuits though, could be a good idea. (Wasp Spray is still the #1 tool)

Three or four rounds from a pellet gun. Stealthy and the dog will survive. Just carry a 9 iron to bury in his brain of he doesn't get the message.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I have a pretty powerful pellet gun. Neighbor dogs get the hint fast their not welcome in the yard. 1st shot to the ass. Didn't learn??? 2nd shot to the head. They dont come back.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
    If you every get bit by a dog, force the part of your body that was bit FORWARD towards the dogs head.

I know this sounds backwards, and it goes against the natural reaction.

BUT when you pull forward it allows a dogs jaw to lock and actually do more damage, if you push forward it forces them to open their mouth, and gives you an advantage. (can also really hurt the dog, but in this situation, i doubt thats a big concern).

All of that said, I am a dog lover through and through, but got a nasty bite and some stitches.
    That is correct, you have to figure you are going to get bit. So if it comes to that feed him one arm and place the other behind his neck, snap backwards. A dogs neck is weak going that direction.
    Hopefully after that you can pry your arm out of his non working mouth to hold your clipboard to fill out the paperwork.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Had to take out a dog a few years back.... Homeowner said he wouldn't hurt a fly and let him out when I was out back working on the A/C. Dog got hold of my left arm - what he didn't see was the screqwdriver in my right hand, that is until it was too late. I felt really bad for the dog, but not the homeowner. Now, I am never without a couple of clip-on-the-pocket type of knives (and a 9 in the truck). However, as said above, my first line of defense is a bag of treats, also in the truck.

Sooo.....what yer sayin is a doggy biscuit tossed into the street at the proper time is a good way to deter further incidents ?? ?
    Da Threadkilla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12